Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
60 years a daily rider. Have owned too many bikes to recall. Four now: a KLR, a big beemer bagger, a Guzzi Jackal, and an Indian Scout.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
60 years a daily rider. Have owned too many bikes to recall. Four now: a KLR, a big beemer bagger, a Guzzi Jackal, and an Indian Scout.
Welcome aboard.

That sounds like you have a full quiver or garage.

Which Versys did you get?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which Versys did you get?

Not. I'm still investigating the LT. I would need to know ...

1) How to remove fairings, especially windshield, & come out with something nice
2) How to lower the seat
3) What mods I would need to jump on right away (e.g. ThermoBob)
4) What're the quirks -- each bike seems to have some

... or would I rather just rehab my wunnerful old reliable 2007 KLR and live with that

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
welcome to the nut house and dont worry the versys is known as the old mans ninja :) and you know what they say some things are better aged

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
Not. I'm still investigating the LT. I would need to know ...

1) How to remove fairings, especially windshield, & come out with something nice
2) How to lower the seat
3) What mods I would need to jump on right away (e.g. ThermoBob)
4) What're the quirks -- each bike seems to have some

... or would I rather just rehab my wunnerful old reliable 2007 KLR and live with that
:welcome: aboard!

1) Instructions are in the OWNERS MANUAL;
2) Remove some of the foam from the seat;
3) LOUDER horn, crash-bars; and
4) Doesn't seem to have ANY....

Quite a few of us came to the V from KLRs - I would NEVER go back...!

:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Registered
807 Posts
I bought my '15 v650 to replace a '99 C-10 Connie with 234,xxx miles on it. Wanted something lighter with less primitive brakes, handling and fueling but would still travel well and sometimes long.

I kept my '98 beat up KLR just cuz and it is fully equipped for travelling and a lot of mods have been done to it. And it's not worth squat so great fun for little $$ tied up.

If the stars align I plan on taking the KLR out to the deserts in the southwest in late winter for 4-5 weeks of beating around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You have me beat by a few years riding as I've only been riding now for 50 years. I added engine and luggage crash guards and the bike is now riding buddy proof. I can lend them the bike and not worry.

Good luck with the new bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts