Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, planning to get a Versys-650 (in yellow, hopefully) by year's end.
Most probably new but it's about USD 12,500 on our shores (w/o ABS)
Used units (yr 2010) are in the USD 10k region @ 10k miles plus, so I'll try not to touch those.

It's been a while since I rode and this ownership will be for daily commuting (10miles round trips) only. My ex bikes were :
GSX 1100 (1980s)
GPZ 600-R (1990s)
RM 250 (1980s)
some local mopeds

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
538 Posts
:welcome:

That's crazy, that's almost double what I just paid for my 2012 in Canada?? And they're made a lot closer to you than they are to me...makes no sense.

·
Registered
197 Posts
:welcome: from a fellow Glock shooter. Love my 19.

I just bought a yellow V last week. Awesome, awesome color. Bummer about the price though, doesn't make much sense to me either.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks guys for the welcome greetings. Cannot say the same to most forums I've been too :D

@myred: Yup, I don't change my nick throughout my forum subscriptions unless its been taken. You are???

@Avande: No choice, it's the excise, sales and import taxes from our "beloved" government. On a positive note, our resale values or depreciation is ultra slow and you'll get a good offer for used units

@v-rider: I'm shooting a G27 now. IPSC entry level. I just heard the yellow scheme is discontinued here :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm shooting a G27 now. IPSC entry level. I just heard the yellow scheme is discontinued here :(
Why did you switch to a subcompact for competition? I've got a G26 that I carry just for conveniences sake but definitely prefer the larger grip and sight radius of the 19, especially for competitions.

I've done a couple USPSA matches, which is a division of IPSC, but mostly shoot IDPA and Steel Challenge. Would love to get into 3-gun eventually but would have to buy a better shotgun.

And huge bummer about the yellow.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@vrider: don't know what got into me, must have been late... I meant to type G34. The 19 barely makes the grade but I like it better than the 34 due to faster sighting. However our club insist on having only the 34. Still hoping one day to compete with a custom racegun

·
Registered
197 Posts
@vrider: don't know what got into me, must have been late... I meant to type G34. The 19 barely makes the grade but I like it better than the 34 due to faster sighting. However our club insist on having only the 34. Still hoping one day to compete with a custom racegun
Gotcha. That makes much more sense. I've seen some race guns that cost more than my Versys did. :D

I need to find cheaper hobbies.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@ vrider : Never treat your CCW as a hobby. It could be the only thing standing between you in life/death situations. Also I've read that many anti-gun advocators are going to infringe on your 2nd ammendment, so treat it like gold. Have you heard that the DHS is to acquire 2 billion rounds of hollow points and at the same time making gun grabs ?

·
Registered
197 Posts
@ vrider : Never treat your CCW as a hobby. It could be the only thing standing between you in life/death situations. Also I've read that many anti-gun advocators are going to infringe on your 2nd ammendment, so treat it like gold. Have you heard that the DHS is to acquire 2 billion rounds of hollow points and at the same time making gun grabs ?
For sure, I definitely take it seriously. I take several real-world/defensive shooting classes every year and only do competitions with my carry guns and holsters. Improves speed, efficiency, and muscle memory.

If I got into 3-gun or starting competing with modified "race" guns I would consider that more of a hobby rather than an extension of CCW training.

Interesting about DHS, I had not heard that. What exactly do you mean by the gun grabs?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts