Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just bought a versus 1000 in candy orange and have been knitting it out ready for summer, so far I've added an sw motech centre stand, an accessories socket, a radiator guard and a ,top box I've also been given a scottoiler v system but am not sure how the vacuum connection fits or even if it fits. I'll admit I'm not tech savy but searching on the net was no help and I've tried looking at the bike getting as far as finding the air filter but hopless at finding the carborretor and vacuum connections. Any one have experience of fitting a v system or are more mechanically minded than myself please jump in and let me know how you fitted it esp the vacuum connection part, or just how to find it.
My experiences on the bike have mostly been playing locally with a handful of longer trips. I have found the bike a shear pleasure to ride and own. Where I am, the weather is bad with ice & snow, so I'm am awaiting the dispersal of salt and slippery stuff, then even a crowbar won't remove me from the seat.
Kind Regards Karl.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome to the Family Karl. Can't help you with the vacuum line hook-up, I know where the lines are on my 2011 650 but no idea on the 1K. Is yours a 2015 model? What part of the country are you in? Winter is perfect time for farkling projects :thumb:

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Welcome Karl, from San Antonio, Texas where it was a warm 75 F today. Don't be envious however because temps over 100 F for weeks on end during the summer is the other side of the coin.

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts
:welcome:

Should be some brass fittings near where your fuel injectors attach to the head, w/ either a rubber line attached, or a little rubber cover. THOSE are your vacuum lines. Replace one of the little covers w/ your line to the Scottoiler.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts