Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I don't have a Versys but I'm doing a naked ninja 650 project on the cheap and plan to use a Versys rear shock. Since these bikes have many similarities, I figure it wouldn't hurt to be a member here as well.

I recently downsized from an FJR1300 because I wanted something more nimble and also to try a twin cylinder motor. All I've ever owned was inline-4's so when I found a thrashed (but clean titled) ninja for $1900 I jumped on it. It's a fun bike for around town but I'm not thrilled with it for commuting. The highways here suck and I usually travel at 85+... bad combo.

Anyway, with all the repair and maintenance and even upgrades like a power commander, I'm still well under $3k for this project. Time will tell if I stick with it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey all, I don't have a Versys but I'm doing a naked ninja 650 project on the cheap and plan to use a Versys rear shock. Since these bikes have many similarities, I figure it wouldn't hurt to be a member here as well.

I recently downsized from an FJR1300 because I wanted something more nimble and also to try a twin cylinder motor. All I've ever owned was inline-4's so when I found a thrashed (but clean titled) ninja for $1900 I jumped on it. It's a fun bike for around town but I'm not thrilled with it for commuting. The highways here suck and I usually travel at 85+... bad combo.

Anyway, with all the repair and maintenance and even upgrades like a power commander, I'm still well under $3k for this project. Time will tell if I stick with it.
Welcome, and I'm hoping to do something like that one day for a track day bike..I'm pretty close to Talladega and Barber motorsports park...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Buff and S, here's a pic of what it looks like now.

I'm really torn on the red frame and the Vrod headlight doesn't look as good as in reality as it did in my imagination, but this is how it will look for the foreseeable future. This winter I plan to tear it down to the frame and cut off all the unused tabs, then getting it powder coated. I've never done anything like that before so its a little intimidating. For now I'm working on performance stuff. (what little there is to do)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts