Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am on my way to drinking the Versys Kool-Aid mostly. So I am coming from an old VFR750, and looking for something different. I believe I am set on a V, being winter it's little hard to test ride one. Anyhow, I am undecided between a new 2014 left over deeply discounted, or a 2015 that is discounted as well. Appreciate any thoughts between the two. An to be honest there is something about that stacked quirky headlight that I like. But new and improved updates are good also. The 2015 just looks like all other sport bikes head on.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I picked up the dealer's last 14 deeply discounted and I have no regrets (besides purchasing a 0 mile bike). I could see the money falling off as I drove off the parking lot..

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a 2013, and absolutely love it, but at the end of the day, see what the bottom line is on price, and make your best judgment. Price and Age are the deciding factors, so for me, the 2015 might be a bit better of a choice as it is the newer model.

·
Super Moderator
19,636 Posts
:welcome:

There are quite a few differences on the Gen 3s ('15 and '16) that are GOOD changes...!

:goodluck:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, for the greeting. Ya I have inquires out to 3 different shops right now so I will see what comes back and how close the 2015 comes to the 2014. But traveling for work the next few weeks will likely slow this process down some, that and now it finally decided it wants to be winter here in the NE Ohio.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Wow..there are still 14's around?
I picked up my 0 mile 2014 in June of 2015 for $5k...love the bike. The 2015's were going for about $3k more so it was a no-brainer for me.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Hello all, I am on my way to drinking the Versys Kool-Aid mostly. So I am coming from an old VFR750, and looking for something different. I believe I am set on a V, being winter it's little hard to test ride one. Anyhow, I am undecided between a new 2014 left over deeply discounted, or a 2015 that is discounted as well. Appreciate any thoughts between the two. An to be honest there is something about that stacked quirky headlight that I like. But new and improved updates are good also. The 2015 just looks like all other sport bikes head on.
For me, I have a 07, several inmates on this forum kept telling me that I should get a 2015, Fasteddie for one---well I pulled the trigger, some significant changes, too many to list, one of them the suspension adjustments---so for now it is sitting 100 KM from me, and with the weather I plan on trailering it, as soon as I create a space for it, to start on the farkling. Farkles already arriving , leaving the better half's car outside the garage isn't a option:(

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Thanks, for the greeting. Ya I have inquires out to 3 different shops right now so I will see what comes back and how close the 2015 comes to the 2014. But traveling for work the next few weeks will likely slow this process down some, that and now it finally decided it wants to be winter here in the NE Ohio.
IF I were in your shoes it would come down to how and where I plan to ride the bike. If you are going to be 95% riding on the street with no gravel-dirt/off-road riding planned, than the 2015 would be my choice. IF you plan on pavement AND adventuring off the beaten path from time to time and exploring the road/trail less traveled, then the 2014 IMHO would be more suited for that. But my opinion is somewhat slanted I guess. :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
19,636 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Phone Number for AZ

WHAT...? Her car doesn't have a ROOF...?

:wink2:
Oh yah, got a roof on it, :nerd:, ******This is something like when you know you are right****but accept that you are wrong:smile2: Sorry----usually works for me:x

Soon to have a green 2015 under the roof, in the warm, >:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So, Just to update. Last night I brought home a new 2014 that was left over at a dealer about an hour away. New bike at used pricing isn't to bad. Now the weather just needs to cooperate.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So, Just to update. Last night I brought home a new 2014 that was left over at a dealer about an hour away. New bike at used pricing isn't to bad. Now the weather just needs to cooperate.
Welcome to the forum, & the Versys world!!:laugh:

CONGRATULATIONS
!!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Bet you'll miss that 750 V4. That was a peach of an engine.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
:wink2: GREAT choice. The Gen 2 styling is awesome! Now time to start making it fit you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts