Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cycle Canada, an iconic mag I grew up with in my long motorcycle life, has ceased paper publication and will be online only.

I understand the reasons but will miss holding a magazine, turning pages- the whole reading and viewing a glossy magazine (sometimes sitting on the throne). I remember when Cycle Canada was a folded newsprint publication with crappy colour, but I devoured every word, pic and review.

The eloquently stated excuses for their demise and transformation here.

·
Super Moderator
7,680 Posts
As they said.o one can escape the transformation in the IT work.

"Cycle Canada is transforming and improving, and it is with you, faithful readers, that we wish to continue this great adventure. Thank you for your support!"

Keep supporting them if you are a die hard fan.:)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will continue to support CC. The writing is far better than that in the average moto mag and they don't pander to the manufacturers. Some mags seem to be cheerleaders for the bike builders, unwilling to point out weaknesses (or downplaying them) when they test bikes.

Letters to the editor are sometimes interesting and often hilarious.

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
...The writing is far better than that in the average moto mag and they don't pander to the manufacturers. Some mags seem to be cheerleaders for the bike builders, unwilling to point out weaknesses (or downplaying them) when they test bikes....
Like the time they "test rode" the three-wheeler Polaris "SLINGSHOT" and were the ONLY magazine to report that the SLINGSHOT would go into SNAP oversteer very easily, going off the road backwards!

GREAT writing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts