Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 9th Sept I decided to enjoy the nice weather w/ a "little" ride on some twisties I know thru town, so I started out about 1100 hrs w/ a stop at "Caesars Pizza" for one of their $6 pepperoni specials, then headed S from there to a park that's set up for youngsters on bicycles to ride on MX-type terrain, that 'just happens' to be the beginning of some SERIOUS curves!!!

IMG_0160 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Now to be clear - I parked, then walked down to eat pizza and relax. The GREEN HORNET TOO was parked beside that blue "outhouse" in the middle right-hand side.

IMG_0161 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Unfortunately I wasn't able to see any kids practicing, so I "filled-up" w/ pizza, then walked over to my V, and headed W then S, SW, E etc.... (Here's a view along McCULLOCK Rd, before it enters 'Indian Reservation land.)

IMG_0163 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

There's a sign indicating that they do NOT want you traveling on the road just after these four pics which show "Black Mountain" in the center of #2 and #3 (locally known as "the Sleeping Giant" which will 'self-explain' in another few pics).

IMG_0164 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0165 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0166 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0167 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

From there I "hitched-up" my antique wagon ;) and continued, W, S, W, SW etc.

IMG_0169 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
19,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now to overlooking Lake Okanagan w/ West Kelowna front-and-center by that "hill"

IMG_0170 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

and the Bennett Bridge which I've shown from its N side, USUALLY at LOTS of telephoto in the images, from awhile back.

IMG_0172 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0171 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Took a pic of the bike where I stopped for ice-cream

IMG_0173 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

and NOW I started riding mostly E, w/ a couple of looks back over my shoulder

IMG_0174 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0175 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

then a nice shot of the Sleeping Giant (his head near the further telephone pole, and that's his RIGHT shoulder and elbow coming thru 'pole #2').

IMG_0176 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Home about 20 minutes later....

(y)(y)

:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts