Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I've been lurking here while trying to make a decision on my next ride. On Haloween, I pulled the trigger on a new 2014 Versys. It's a big change from my most recent rolling stock, like a cross between an 1150GS & a Buell White Lightening. So far I'm having a riot with it.

I have a lot to learn about modern Japanesse bikes, my last having been a new 1982 Honda CB750F. Things have changed! (I haven't adjusted a chain in over three decades...belts and shafts spoil a guy.) Still, it's been a lot of fun getting to know this bike in the few days I've had it.

Please bear with me if I ask some really stupid questions. I'm playing catchup, and HD/BMW theory doesn't necessarily translate very well to the Versys.

Let the ride began.

·
Premium Member
16,214 Posts

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
:welcome: from another Texan - San Antonio - stuck in Maine waiting clearance from the orthopedic surgeon so we can return to warm and sunny days. Winter storm watch in central Maine - not good for riding, especially with a new left hip. :D

·
Premium Member
16,214 Posts
Hi folks,

I've been lurking here while trying to make a decision on my next ride. On Haloween, I pulled the trigger on a new 2014 Versys. It's a big change from my most recent rolling stock, like a cross between an 1150GS & a Buell White Lightening. So far I'm having a riot with it.

I have a lot to learn about modern Japanesse bikes, my last having been a new 1982 Honda CB750F. Things have changed! (I haven't adjusted a chain in over three decades...belts and shafts spoil a guy.) Still, it's been a lot of fun getting to know this bike in the few days I've had it.

Please bear with me if I ask some really stupid questions. I'm playing catchup, and HD/BMW theory doesn't necessarily translate very well to the Versys.

Let the ride began.

If needed i speak a little "Harley" :D .....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZpLaWrlRkc

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. I spent the day in the garage installing my old Zumo 550. Now if it would just stop raining...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts