Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys.

Just brought home my new 2009 green Versys last night,

I was looking at a BMW G650GS and also the V Strom 650. Was gonna go with the BMW but then this past weekend I was at a MC show and first laid my eye on the Versys. I asked the sales guy what's up with the Versys? He said it's sorta like a dual sport made for only street use. Having pretty much only owned Dual sports and dirt bikes since I was 14 this was exactly what I wanted to hear.

He even offered me a test ride. So I came home and started doing some searching to gather info on a bike I never even herad of. That's what led me here. I read through alot of posts and must say the "what don't you like about your bike" thread was a big help. Alot of little personal complaints but nothing serious at all. All was good.

Then I sorta shifted gears and was considerng the Nija 650r instead. Also has great reviews a bit cheaper and sportyer. The dealer agreed to have a 650r serviced and ready when I came in for my Versys test ride.

I showed up yesterday afternoon and threw my leg over the Versys and was off - a half dozen miles later and I liked it. Felt great. Then I rolled out the 650r and it didn't take long to notice I liked the Versys better. Not saying I couldn't get used to the 650r but the Versys felt good right off the start. I have had many dirt bikes and Dual Sports and the riding style of the Versys is very similar. Felt right at home.

So a nice shinny green one came home with me. Now I just need the snow and ice to be gone to start the break-in.

Will be mounting up some grip heaters this weekend to help combat cold hands as I tend to ride all year.

Thanks for the site guys the information was helpful with my choice.

Mike

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome fellow Greenie! Yeah, that paint job is good for knocking at least 1/2 second in the quarter mile. John.

·
Registered
9 Posts
congrats on the bike man cant wait to get my green machine...now get to farkling!:welcome:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts