Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, sorry for another EBC brake pads (this time for 2013 V). I am about to change my original pads at 11K. I bought the following EBC brake pads:

FA192HH
FA229HH
FA231HH

Before I do the change, I just want to double check which ones go to the left front, right front, and the rear. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply but...

192 is the rear
229 is the left
231 is the right

Good luck with your brake job!
... in further searching this forum, a couple of posts say the opposite 229 is Rfront, 231 is Lfront. I take it that you've installed these pads on your brake.

Can others who have used these pads chime in? Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Good info, I'm in my Spring Time Tune Up Mode, for both the KLR and Versys. Right now I'm working on the KLR and it's going to be a couple of weekends with the upgrades and all. The Versys needs little other than just basic maintenance, only the brakes pads and I need to get the LED aux lights mounded and hooked up. I got in to habit of flushing the old brake fluid yearly with fresh, more or less by just "Bleeding" the old out and adding new. I don't know if it really helps BUT it can't hurt.

·
Registered
87 Posts
These are part numbers for the er6n and ninja 650 but I'm pretty sure they are the same brake setups.

And even if I am wrong....they will only work one way so it should be pretty hard to mess up. :)

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Why would anyone put ground up metal pads on, except to save the cost of buying (one time) discs? Good luck.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
because it is the cheapest and easiest upgrade for better braking.

do what YOU want. I have!

+1 for EBC HH pads.
Good point, I like the feel of organic pads, but replacing them every oil change vs. a rotor every 4 oil changes for metal bits does sound like a hassle. EBC has copper vs steel bits too, so hopefully they are better than stock. EBC pads and steel brake lines may be enough of a change to make them significantly better. I guess I'll follow the crowd on this one since it seems expensive to do otherwise :right:

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Firstly, sorry for another EBC brake pads (this time for 2013 V). I am about to change my original pads at 11K. I bought the following EBC brake pads:

FA192HH
FA229HH
FA231HH

Before I do the change, I just want to double check which ones go to the left front, right front, and the rear. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance.
Wow I have 44,000 km on my Versys with the OEM pads.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Just wanted to add the OEM pads are sintered like the Ebc hh pads but not as good feel as the ebc pads. I've never heard of anyone wearing out the rotors on a motorcycle from any type of pad except at the track where you're constantly Max braking and warping from heat is an issue.

Normally the rear pads last 2-3 times longer than the fronts. No sense in replacing them if there is lots of pad thickness left.

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I just got my complete ebc COPPER HH pads (3 sets) for $105 total from Rocky Mountain ATV.

THANKS KAWASAKI VERSYS FORUM and Members!

And guys, the stock STEEL pads will last forever. Do you feel lucky? Well do you? Make my day, ha ha!!

:devil::devil:

·
Super Moderator
1,484 Posts
I replaced my Original Front pads only to EBC HH just before a Track day.
The stock brakes were OK, they Worked... but just a couple of laps in on the track day I had a lot more confidence in my brakes with the EBC HH pads.

On a couple of laps I was braking that hard on an uphill back straight for a tight right hand turn that I lifted the rear wheel and I could feel the ABS kick in.
Braking was progressive and smooth with the new pads... I don't think the stockers would have survived my 145kg fat arsed frame pounding the pads!

I did not like the bite of the stockers.
I learnt to ride differently and have more confidence i braking with the EBC HH.
I was braking later and was also holding brakes through turns - something I was not confident to do with the stocks.

Yes it was a track day... but the track is a 1km technical track built on normal road designs with high center and low side like a normal road. You switch back and forth from side to side you have to adjust for the changes in camber in the road and through turns.

I have not changed my riding / braking habits since then while riding on the roads.
The stock pads are also supposed to be sintered HH, but felt different.

I want to get braided SS lines, but I don't think I want to spend AU$435 for an ABS set.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts