Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the V run smoother with 43T rather than the stock.and does the v seem quicker.sorry if i sound stupid (i am) but want to make sure it would be better for me than the stock,did'nt have to change gear so quick on my honda vfr,the v is still more fun and my first new bike thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Not sure about 'smoother'.. It will make your RPMs lower at the same speed. With stock gearing your 'actual speed' will be 51mph @ 4000rpm. With a 43T sprocket, you will be doing 55mph @ 4000rpm now. The motorcycle will accelerate slower with a 43T, but it won't really be that noticeable. It will also correct the speedometer, as it is off a bit. Might also get a little bit better fuel economy.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
If most of your riding is highway type riding, then the 43T or 16T would be good, but if you like riding the twisties, especially with a little aggression, then stay stock. I had switched to a 16T front for awhile, but switched back to stock. I was surprised at how much more peppy it was stock. Much more fun when ripping through turns & what-not...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,thanks for the info did not know about the speedo my v runs at 56 miles an hour in 6th gear at 4000 revs 70 at 5000 revs 80 at 6000 revs love the bike just that 1st 2nd gear change,happy riding and thanks again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,thanks for the info its a big help gives me something to think about,l iove the bike once its going, happy riding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts