Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I guess just like in the usa, in europe its hard to be able to buy add-ons for the 2010 versys.

It seems the 2010 is in need of a parts sub-forum in itself!

We´re deep into June for christ sake! what´s happening? I mean.. I want to buy, please suppliers make available!

Just expressing my annoyance.

Maybe owners of 2010 model could post a list of what they experienced to fit correctly?

thks in advance

nino

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
In the states we had it a little easier because the V had already been out in Europe and Canada for a year. It does seem like the changes they made to the 2010 V are in all the right places to require different add-ons.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I wonder how many 2010s are sold. If the speculation on this forum is true (that the 2010s had a very short run) then there may not be enough of a market for some manufactures to make parts.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the other side of reason, only shows that pre-2010 model owners are happy enough not to change or swap model lololol

So I guess me as a future mod 2010 will even be more!!

Back here in portugal being typical latin hot blood rushed people, most go for the faster lane meaning z750 and such.
In this type class calmer people go for v-strom, transalp and f650gs.

I´d rather be in the "exclusive" side of things, as there are no more then a few dozen versys around. But regardless sales are up on 2010 model in italy, france, uk and greece.

Will I be the first to test-ride a bunch of 2010 model farkles? hope not, not really wealthy on doe, if I was would probably go for the new multistrada, costing as much as a med sized quality car.

rgds

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
To Farkle, or not to Farkle, that's a no brainer. I think it's because there are so few 2010's out there. If they don't change the 2011, there should be some aftermarkets available. Maybe you could inquire with Twisted Throttle, they seem to have everything.
Yes, they do, and are smart enough to split what is pre 2010 and what is 2010.

This entrepeneurship small and big companies have over there is one of the things that make the usa such a great country.. with exceptions (guns and such). Lack of that is one of the reasons europe is falling in recession.. sooner or later though economically we´ll all be overrun by china. but thats a diff issue altogether.

Anyway shipping from usa to the other side of the ocean can turn a 70usd item become a 120usd item.. plus if it gets caught in customs even worse. And thats a prob! lol

rgds

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just to tell you all I got confirmation from Chris at skidmarx.co.uk sales their fenda extenda will fit 2010 versys model, thus I ordered one.

Correction: skid checked again and it doesn´t fit! on backorder now.

rgds

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have a 2009 and a 2010. The only issue on farkles so far is the windscreen on the 2010 is different from all the earlier years. But CalSci
is shipping a nice looking windscreen in several different sizes. (I have the medium version coming.) Twisted throttle promises to have a Givi for the 2010 V the end of June (they're accepting orders now.).

Otherwise, everything that fit on the 2009, also worked on the 2010. Even the seats are interchangeable.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Otherwise, everything that fit on the 2009, also worked on the 2010. Even the seats are interchangeable.
The side case and top case mounts (Givi and SW Motech) differ on the 2010's. Everything listed for 07-09 specifically says it will not fit a 2010. The bolt patterns for grab rails must have changed during the redesign.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all,

I just purchased a 2010 and here in Australia the entire rear end is different. So for me I have to wait for a tail tidy to be produced as the 2009 version doesn't fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts