Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we all know that emotional riding is dangerous, and last night I realized it violently. We all have our problems in life, work, marriage, kids, and I failed horribly in keeping my wits. In a fit I dumped on the throttle, popped the clutch too fast, and proceeded to wheelie out of control down a residential street, turning the bike on it's arse, and feeling how hard asphalt can be on body and more so, my poor bike.
As humiliating as it was/is, I wanted to remind all riders out there how important a clear head is when you start your bikes. I have no idea how much the damage is gonna cost me, but the tail section, right peg, plate, swm bars, rh bar/grip/throttle all look to be toast. An expensive lesson, not even including how sore my a$$, toe and shoulder are. Thank god I'm a ATGATT kinda guy, even when very P.O.'d.
I'm very upset with myself regardless. I hope my message prevents at least one of you from ever even getting on your bike when emotions are dictating your actions. Safe riding, and if anyone has any stock tail parts or right side peg area bits for sale, I'll be interested when I can face looking her in her wierd eye once again.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about this. I am glad you are ok, and posted this to the forum. Emotion can get the best of anyone. If you are fortunate enough to walk away from this with some insight and understanding, then you will be better for it. I hope everyone that reads this post keeps it in mind.
Most sincere wishes that things are better in you life today and you will get back to riding again soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks thumper.
It's a tough day, but like you said, I walked away and learned a hard lesson. Let me be one of a few...

·
Registered
303 Posts
hey man, glad you are ok. Sorry that your bike was damaged, and I hope your drama can resolve itself. Hang in there.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Thanks for sharing your story. Glad your OK now and you learned and want to help others.

A few years back, we had a Town Councilman locally get in an argument with his dad, in the heat of anger, he jumped on his Goldwing and was shifting gears like crazy and T-boned a car turning left in front of him not even a 1/4 mile from where he departed. He was estimated at doing 60 in a 25 at the time of impact. He died on scene.

Your story and others like it do help us riders weigh the risks beforehand and we do learn from your mistakes.

Good luck with repairs and get back in the saddle soon! :thumb:

·
Registered
323 Posts
We've all been there - tearing around an idiot on cell phone, frustrations can pile up. I am 42 and still need to remind myself to chill out sometimes. I've destroyed several computers and feel the idiot afterwords. Good that you made it out, take it as it comes and don't be too hard on yourself.

·
Registered
779 Posts
That's a good reminder for all. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. When it all seems as bad as it can be, complete strangers step up as if good friends. The world still has a chance, I think.
I will fix it. I will ride again.
Only smarter.
What a great community of fellow riders.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I am sorry you even had to learn this lesson, A bad emotional state can be as bad or worse than drunk driving, hope things are better for you now and thanks for reminding others in hopes of preventing us from the same fate or worse. Glad you came out of it ok, hope you get to ride again soon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for sharing this with us. It's always helpful to be reminded of these things so hopefully we can remember not to make the same mistakes.

·
Registered
198 Posts
What look like a failure today is a good "life poker card" to keep in your back pocket. Got 2 decks of those on me and use them to be compationnate when other poeple are also failing around me. As an example, my wife paid our bills yesterday using internet bank account: she paid 6k$ to the cable company then 100$ to the credit card company instead of the opposite. My first though was to tell her she was f... dumb a$$... (natural reaction I guess). Then took out my deck of failure, got the worst of my life failure card at looked at it for a while. Finally told my wife, honey! I'm pretty happy your at least as dumb as me. We both laugh, and finally got what I was looking for couple days ago.

Hopefully not bothering you too much with my personal experience:)

·
Premium Member
7,782 Posts
coughin. It take a very brave men to accept his mistake and short coming in life. Keep in mind, nothing in this world is worth losing you emotions or anything else for the matter. end of the day you/we will only hurts over self.

Glad you are OK and hope you get the V together.

:cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yup. Good group hug. Thanks again all for the thoughts.
Now, what were we talking about....
Oh yeah, the versys rules!
Cheers.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts