Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly one of my favourite sections of roads i've yet ridden in BC. So good I did it 4 times, didn't capture the first one though! Just thought I would share the joys of the Versys on an extremely enjoyable section of road. Its hard to find flawless riding surfaces in Canada where I have a decent level of trust in the road surface.

I also didnt even see the AB guy on the Ducati until he was beside me, I was focusing on my line!

My ambient sound recorder is out of action so no engine noise!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I got: THIS VIDEO IS UNAVAILABLE.

:eek:

Whereabouts IS Angel Falls?
Hmmm not sure why it would be unavailable... It still works for me through the link...

Hwy 6, about 30-45mins east of Cherryville! Its hardly even a location, there's a narrow bridge, a couple houses on the left side of the road and an old shack on the right, with a speed warning for curvy roads ahead! :wink2:

Google maps data drop: https://www.google.com.br/maps/dir//BC-6,+Nakusp,+BC/@50.0027148,-118.3359021,5338m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x537c51d12d2356ed:0x5111a2e1e9e105da!2m2!1d-118.3488835!2d50.0028741

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beautiful road! Those dudes were strait up ripping that came up on you..
Yeah the first guy scared the **** out of me, not gonna lie. I was leaning into the mirrors and couldn't see anything behind me and all of a sudden he was there! I had a higher level of trust in that road than I have for most around here, but those guys were on another level of risk... Granted they were in leathers whereas I wasn't... As well as on super sports, but still... I saw a deer on the shoulder of a blind corner on my first run through... Wrong roll of the dice and you're at least an hour away from a hospital by ambulance...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Beautiful road, not too much traffic..... thanks for sharing!!

your tires are probably worn on the sides.. :D
they forgot to put straight lines?!??!! like the other "normal" roads????

·
Premium Member
16,146 Posts
Very Nice...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beautiful road, not too much traffic..... thanks for sharing!!

your tires are probably worn on the sides.. :D
they forgot to put straight lines?!??!! like the other "normal" roads????
I wish they would do that more often around here.... Unfortunately our government has this utterly inane objective called "Vision Zero" meaning they want zero deaths on BC roads by X year... AKA dumbing down the complexity of the roads and installing avg. speed cameras to completely suck the fun out of having a drivers license...

There were "fun ripples" on the side of the tire when I got home for sure! :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
After watching the video (thanks to 'whoever' mentioned 'clicking' on the U-TUBE name to see it...), I can say that I don't remember how many times I've ridden THAT road [BC 6 between Vernon and the Needles Ferry], but it's a LOT.

Did NOT know anything about Angel Falls however.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts