Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all of the well wishes...

Sam was in surgery from 7:30 last night till 3:30 this morning. They found more broken bones...both feet and some vertebra fractures as well. On the bright side, He has no loss of sensation so no spinal cord injury! They will take him back today to start on the upper limbs. It will be about 3 months before he is allowed to stand or attempt to walk. He is in bad shape, but will live to tell the tale as they say.

My mother-in-law is going to pass away any minute. They are letting her go back to the nursing home so family can be around as needed. There is nothing they can do for her at the hospital that can't be done in her own room.

·
Registered
365 Posts
My brother was in a nursing home for 2 weeks, docs said he needed things we couldn't do at home, but by the second week we felt he wasn't being cared for like he should, we called in Home Hospice(a great organization) we looked after him, we made him as comfortable as possible his last week, someone was with him 24 hours a day, never alone.... he died at 4:50 in the morn on monday. i held his hand as he slipped away.....i promised him i would be with him till the end if it killed me. he was home with his family and friends around him.......we are so glad we made the choice to take him home... speedy recovery to Sam... may your mother in law pass peacefully

1 - 5 of 5 Posts