Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy. I am new to the forum. I am 43 years old. I am looking for another Versys to buy (like new, to modify so I can leave my new one stock). I grew up on CR's back in the 70's, and I raised my son on a CR and then a CR-F in the late 80's. My son and I both rode CBR's from 2005 on. The longest wheelie I have rode is eight miles, and my son, now 25 has rode one for 11 miles(on youtube). I have embraced the Versys as the bike that serves me the best, and keeps me out of trouble. I am a full time Deputy Sheriff who knows and understands two wheels and it is not only in my blood, but in my bones.:feedback::grinangel:

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts
:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
:welcome:I presume by your handle with 68 in it you were born the same year as me and what a good year it was.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
:welcome:

Just curious, when you say modify do you mean more HP or to set her up for more off road or with luggage for touring?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
So Leslie are you going to visit us in the summer of 2012/13?
Phil, no definite plans yet for NZ tour, but have been talking with a few bike buddies to go over to NZ for a tour with some riding.

I've heard it is super expensive to rent a bike and it would turn out cheaper to purchase one and then sell it off after the tour.

How's your plan for Malaysia for 2012?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the WELCOME!

Looking for ALL your input on mods on my 2nd Versys. I have done Hare Scrambles and Motocross in my twenties and thirties and have been coast to coast in my early forties. Mods to make the Versys BETTER all around, as I will use it for what it was made for and how I ride as well; 75% street, 25% back roads and dirt. Like I said with the wheelie stuff, a Goldwing is about 30 years down the road for me. The Versys fits me like a GLOVE, I just wish it was a 1000... Like everyone else does :) My son is on youtube: Memorial Wheelie Filmed from my helmet cam while I wheelied right next to him. :guilty: And, yup, born in '68. Thanks to ya'll for the WELCOME! :usa:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts