Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Versys 650LT
27 Posts
The Nacimiento-Fergusson Road through Ft. Hunter Liggett is hardly a “secret” road. It’s a public road known well to Central Coast locals. My wife and I drove it from the coast inland on a vacation in Spring 2014. Clear day, breathtaking vistas of the ocean. As I recall, it’s just over 20 miles, maybe a bit more, from the coast inland to the Mission. On a final note, the junction of the N-F Road and PCH is about 30 miles south of Big Sur.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The "Big Sewer" as we used to affectionately used to call it. BSR aka Big Sur was/is a VOR navigation station for aviation. It is the beginning of an arrival from the south into SFO airport.

Back on the ground that stretch of coastline is the stuff of legend. Incredibly beautiful. Back in the 70's we used to fly hang gliders over there while camping at Plaskett Creek Campground.

Fast forward to recent days I have traveled Nacimiento-Fergusson Road a couple of times. A great ride for sure.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The "Big Sewer" as we used to affectionately used to call it. BSR aka Big Sur was/is a VOR navigation station for aviation. It is the beginning of an arrival from the south into SFO airport.

Back on the ground that stretch of coastline is the stuff of legend. Incredibly beautiful. Back in the 70's we used to fly hang gliders over there while camping at Plaskett Creek Campground.

Fast forward to recent days I have traveled Nacimiento-Fergusson Road a couple of times. A great ride for sure.
Good to see you posting. What is the current bike?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Good to see you posting. What is the current bike?
I still have the 790 Duke. Right at 12k miles now.

Great bike, lots of fun but my old back just can't endure riding much longer. Only riding about once a month now.

How you been? Do you still have the V-650?

I'm planning a trip down south soon. Santa Barbara and Camarillo to do some riding and flying with a buddy. Check out his new hot rod.
Sky Vehicle Aircraft Airplane Blue

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still have the 790 Duke. Right at 12k miles now.

Great bike, lots of fun but my old back just can't endure riding much longer. Only riding about once a month now.

How you been? Do you still have the V-650?

I'm planning a trip down south soon. Santa Barbara and Camarillo to do some riding and flying with a buddy. Check out his new hot rod.
View attachment 189526
My back is getting better, but still no running, jumping, heavy lifting. I’ve been increasing my riding distances over the last year, and my number of bikes.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
That's an impressive fleet. Hey that looks like a KLX super moto hiding in the back. I saw the mini adventure model last week and have been reading about them. Sounds like a cool bike. How do you like it?

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's an impressive fleet. Hey that looks like a KLX super moto hiding in the back. I saw the mini adventure model last week and have been reading about them. Sounds like a cool bike. How do you like it?
The KLX300SM is a blast to ride, and light for hauling on a rack behind the truck. The only negative is having to basically ask the car you catch up to in the curves to let you by since there isn't enough thrust to blast around them until the next passing zone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts