Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met up with Amir today, met his lovely GF, then ran down to Tucson AZ, met his charming Mom.

But, the main objective for the day was to ride up Mt Lemmon AZ to the 8,000ft summit.

Anyone who's been there can tell you what a fantastic ride it is.

Plus it has some of the most amazing photo opportunities you'll find in the US, but you'll just have to imagine that, as neither Amir or Machog were smart enough to remember their cameras!!!:huh:

A great day and we both more than broke in our new Pilot Power tires, I according to TomTom I did 359miles.

Tx to Amir for his hospitality and showing me a great place to ride.

Machog

·
Registered
496 Posts
4-5 more years and I should be in AZ (post retirement.) At least that's the place I'm leaning towards right now... :D

Good to hear you all had a great time-ride.

·
Registered
128 Posts
SOunds like a great ride, Machog. Did you have some of that oh...what do they call it...oh yea - sun?

David

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yes-but unfortuantely we also had some 50mph+ cross winds and dust storms.

I got blown (if you pardon the expression) on to the hard shoulder. Couldn't go more than about 60 on the freeway and the trucks overtaking made it even worse. But a great day

Machog

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hey Machog, glad to hear you made it back ok... it was great meeting you!
It was quite a ride... next time... cameras! ;)

If you're around AZ again, PM me, there is plenty more to see!

·
Registered
813 Posts
4-5 more years and I should be in AZ (post retirement.) At least that's the place I'm leaning towards right now... :D

Good to hear you all had a great time-ride.
you wouldnt regret retiering here. A year round motorcycle season, and some of the ebst roads in the country, makes this one hell of a nice place.

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
Machog,
Thanks for the write-up. It reminded me to ride down to Tucson and ride Mt Lemmon, which I did today.
Did it once before, the backside from Oracle, on my KLR to about 1500 feet from the top because we were in a foot of snow! :mad:
Today I looked at the top of the dirt road from the work area near the ski chalets, and I'm SURE it would be doable on the "V". Amir - you 'up for it'?
Ed

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
... and here are some pictures I took yesterday, starting with the top of the 'dirt road' and view of the dirt road further down the hill, and a picture of "How NOT to park your minivan on Mt Lemmon...!"
Cheers,
Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
Machog,
Thanks for the write-up. It reminded me to ride down to Tucson and ride Mt Lemmon, which I did today.
Did it once before, the backside from Oracle, on my KLR to about 1500 feet from the top because we were in a foot of snow! :mad:
Today I looked at the top of the dirt road from the work area near the ski chalets, and I'm SURE it would be doable on the "V". Amir - you 'up for it'?
Ed
Why do you tempt me so?!?
I would love to! Unfortunately, I just got the bike outfitted with a new sports tire, and I'm heading out on the road in about a month... and then overseas for two more...
how about when I get back? I'll slap some nice DS tires on for it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Ed, those are some awesome pics by the way!
On the V's in the twisties, Machog on I totally ditched my cruiser buddy that came along!

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
Why do you tempt me so?!?
I would love to! Unfortunately, I just got the bike outfitted with a new sports tire, and I'm heading out on the road in about a month... and then overseas for two more...
how about when I get back? I'll slap some nice DS tires on for it.
DS tires? :huh:

I'll ride it on regular street tires, just like the Apache Trail! ALL of the Apache Trail...! :thumb:

I'm heading north (see the 'header' for my location) in another week, so how does next fall sound? :goodidea:

Ed :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts