Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motorcyclists singled out at Yosemite

On Oct. 20, the Yosemite National Park proposed a new fee structure for park entrance that would place a disproportionate and unfair financial burden on visiting motorcyclists.

Under the proposal, fees for passenger motor vehicles would increase 50 percent from $20 to $30. Additionally, the entrance fee for hikers, bikers and horseback riders would also increase 50 percent from $10 to$15. But, the entrance fee for motorcyclists would increase 150 percent, from $10 to $25.

Click here, fill out the form at the bottom of the page and click the red submit button to send comments to the NPS asking them not to raise entrance fees for motorcyclists at a faster rate than other visitors.

You can view the NPS’ media release about the fee increase here.

The AMA believes singling out motorcyclists for a disproportionate entrance fee increase is unfair and discriminatory. Instead, we believe that, if the NPS plans to raise entrance fees, the increase for motorcyclists should be no more than 50 percent – in line with the other fee increases.

The American Motorcyclist Association has submitted comments to Yosemite, which you can view here.pdf.

The public is also invited to an open house in the Yosemite Valley Auditorium, located behind the Yosemite Valley Visitor Center, on Wednesday, November 12, from 2 pm to 4 pm.

Once again, please let the NPS know that you do not support the proposed fee increase for motorcyclists by clicking here, filling in the form at the bottom of the page and clicking the “submit” button.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I found it annoying last year riding out to the East coast where we had to take several small ferrys that, in every case, it was the same fee for a motorcycle as a passenger car or truck. All 4 of our bikes occupied the same space as an F150. Seemed to me it was a little unfair.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The State Park`s here in Texas , charge a per car entry fee and a fee for each extra person. The same fee for bike`s and extra fee per person
With all of the buget cut`s they need to replace that money with extra fee`s.
Yes,, these charges STINK-- but i will pay just because i like the state park`s.
And i belive there is a park in Alaska that will not allow motorcycles at all, only 4 wheel`s
for saftey reasons.
All of the state and local fee`s for my bike are about 60% less than i pay for my car and the insurance is also much less, and the cost of operating my V is less than my car
Yes we get the shaft , but over all bike`s are a better value and much more FUN

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,968 Posts
...And i belive there is a park in Alaska that will not allow motorcycles at all, only 4 wheel`s for saftey reasons....
Yes - Denali. MAINLY because it has LOTS of grizzlies....

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
We buy aseason pass for Yellowstone. I did hear the fees are going up. I use the pass and come back on my bike several times. Total around 10-15 times a summer car and bike. :thumb:

It was fifty bucks a season. 2015=???? :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts