Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,121 Posts
Anyone else here ever put their passenger pegs down whilst riding on the highway in order to put feet back on them for a very 'on the tank' riding position? I love it as a change-up every so often. :thumb:
YUP - me!

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Yep. before i got the highway pegs on long trips

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I used to do it alot on my KLR but it just isn't comfortable on the V for me.
A comforatble riding position for me on the V is with my toes on the front pegs.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I did it a couple of times on my long trip this summer but it just wasn't comfortable for me.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Huh, I've never tried that.

In general I like to keep them up, so there is less chance of having a 4" stab somewhere in my body in a get-off. I know, slim chance, but you never know.

I am going to have to try the passenger pegs on my Philadelphia-to-North Vermont trip in 2 weeks, because I don't have highway pegs.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah- I enjoy it. As a taller rider with the stock screen, I also enjoy being able to get entirely behind the shield. I usually only do it for a few miles at a time; but it sure does make a pretty fast bike feel faster to me. Getting out of the wind lets you hear the motor wind up nicely too. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Me, too. I also stretch my legs out on the crash bars.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I put my feet up on the crash bars far enough back so I can rest my arms on my knees. It's pretty comfy.

·
Super Moderator
19,121 Posts
When I'm riding wearing my MX boots, sometimes I move my feet just back far enough that the toe rests on the front 'pegs and the heel on the rear ones. It's a VERY comfortable position (and my 'pegs are lowered, by MotoWerk).
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Used to do this but some of my years have been better than others
Now my knees won't allow it for more than a few seconds...IF I can get my feet back there.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I hook the heels of my boots on the passenger pegs. Change is good as a rest sometimes.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Have yet to try that before. For stretching my legs on long journey, I'd either stand on the pegs or just dangle my legs off the pegs. Yeah, I'm short. Typical Asian height.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
:exactly:

But never do this unless you're on the open road. Do you have any idea how silly you look when a car pulls out and you're trying to brake and down shift your saddle bags? :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts