Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share this. I found a much simpler install for multiple constant connections for half the price of the Fuzeblock. It is also a little bit smaller, so guys that are running out of underseat storage may be interested also.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/powerlet-termin-8-easier-than-a-fuseblock

For me this is perfect, I only need power for gps, a power socket, and eventually some driving lights. Although it is constant power and not switched, it is fused, and saves a lot of space.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I installed the Fuzeblock under the left fairing, I don't have space under the seat.

pictures coming soon.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
It's simple, which I like, but you still need relays if you want devices to turn on/shut off with the key. I guess you could wire a relay to control this Powerlet contraption, but if you're doing all that a Fuzeblock does it all in a nice, tidy package. YMMV.

Is that really smaller than a Fuzeblock? Looks like more stuff going on...it all needs to go somewhere.

Anyway, thanks for sharing an option.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Just wanted to share this. I found a much simpler install for multiple constant connections for half the price of the Fuzeblock. It is also a little bit smaller, so guys that are running out of underseat storage may be interested also.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/powerlet-termin-8-easier-than-a-fuseblock

For me this is perfect, I only need power for gps, a power socket, and eventually some driving lights. Although it is constant power and not switched, it is fused, and saves a lot of space.

Yea i've had that on my bike since April 2010. It works great and is easy to tuck out of the way.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Heres a photo before i tucked everything away..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's simple, which I like, but you still need relays if you want devices to turn on/shut off with the key. I guess you could wire a relay to control this Powerlet contraption, but if you're doing all that a Fuzeblock does it all in a nice, tidy package. YMMV.

Is that really smaller than a Fuzeblock? Looks like more stuff going on...it all needs to go somewhere.

Anyway, thanks for sharing an option.
Just wanted to share this. I found a much simpler install for multiple constant connections for half the price of the Fuzeblock.
Yeah, I was sharing a constant on connection for guys that didn't need a switched connection. I have a Fuzeblock, but never got around to installing it due to having tools and a Pack Jack taking up all the room under my seat. I decided the ability to do a little on the road maintenance was more important than having switched connections.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yeah, I was sharing a constant on connection for guys that didn't need a switched connection. I have a Fuzeblock, but never got around to installing it due to having tools and a Pack Jack taking up all the room under my seat. I decided the ability to do a little on the road maintenance was more important than having switched connections.

That was my situation also, I don't have space under the seat.
I bought the Fuzeblock more than a year ago, but only now I had the time to install it. It works perfectly under the left fairing and it's a very clean install.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Can you post a pic of what it looks like all tucked away when you get a chance?
Wouldn't do any good. The last time it was neat in that area was in 2010. i've added all kinds of goodies and under the seat is full.

·
Registered
430 Posts
When I did mine, I just wanted to be able to keep the toolkit in place which I didn't do on my last Versys. That's why I have a small fuse block in the rear and relays elsewhere under the seat. This picture doesn't show the diodes I recently added near the fuseblock.

The OP's cable seems nice.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts