Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I don,t have particularly large hands I,m finding the grips a little on the slim side.
My other bike ...a Triumph Bonneville:surprise::surprise: sshh.... has grips that are a convex shape and are really comfortable. I appreciate they are 1" bars / grips but I wonder if there are similar to fit the Versys.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Had the same issue and solved it by installing Grip Puppies. They are a closed cell foam "addition" and are both comfortable and do a decent job of absorbing vibration. They're good value for the money.

Don't tell anyone but I have them on my other bike - a BMW K75S.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Although I don,t have particularly large hands I,m finding the grips a little on the slim side.
My other bike ...a Triumph Bonneville:surprise::surprise: sshh.... has grips that are a convex shape and are really comfortable. I appreciate they are 1" bars / grips but I wonder if there are similar to fit the Versys.
My new bike has foam grips which have a convex shape so they are fatter in the middle. I haven't ridden it enough yet to know how comfortable they are.

Or if you want heated grips solve 2 problems with 1 product

Motorcycle Street Grips

great grips, auto turn off, individual switches (select the heat setting for each grip and no big ugly controller on the bars), easy to install and convex shape for comfort.

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Had the same issue and solved it by installing Grip Puppies. They are a closed cell foam "addition" and are both comfortable and do a decent job of absorbing vibration. They're good value for the money.
+1, what Arion said!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I have the OXford heated grips on both the Versys and KLR and find them to be just about the right size. On the Enfield I have a pair of Supergrips and they are too small. So I ordered a pair of these puppies! Old School to say the least but they should do the trick.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I have the OXford heated grips on both the Versys and KLR and find them to be just about the right size. On the Enfield I have a pair of Supergrips and they are too small. So I ordered a pair of these puppies! Old School to say the least but they should do the trick.
I stopped by a Harley dealer in Columbus yesterday to see the Deluxe in the new colors. Very 50's looking. They said they were going to put on some white grips like those in your pic and a white seat. Bike will look killer. It should, they said they'd want $21k and change to drive it home afterward. :surprise:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I stopped by a Harley dealer in Columbus yesterday to see the Deluxe in the new colors. Very 50's looking. They said they were going to put on some white grips like those in your pic and a white seat. Bike will look killer. It should, they said they'd want $21k and change to drive it home afterward. :surprise:
$21K? That'll buy almost 3 650 Versys!

Or all three of my bikes with change left over...could it be I'm too cheap?

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
On my KLR (which "vibed" a... BIT...!), I put on bicycle grips which were foam and 'barrel-shaped'. Co$t about $5 a pair. Worked fine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

That's the shape I have on my Bonneville, as you say old school....but comfy for me at least. A pair made for bar and weights should do the trick from somewhere.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts

Titty grips! That's what I had on my 1971 Norton Commando. They were sweet. Both cylinders go up and down at the same time on those, and it was like a huge single cylinder. You needed something soft to squeeze on if you lived through kicking it over without breaking your leg. It was fun except for buying parts for it weekly and working on it. Well, after thinking about it more, I can live without it :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
mine has heated grips that bake them a bit bulkier

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
$21K? That'll buy almost 3 650 Versys!

Or all three of my bikes with change left over...could it be I'm too cheap?
I like it and I suppose if it fit my riding style, I might plunk down the cash, but since it don't it would be a toy for special occasions and it's way too much money for that.

Anyway, I know your gear predilections, so I doubt "cheap" would be a primary reason not to quench yer thirst.

·
Registered
670 Posts
thanks for the beston link. i have one pair of sunlines left, wasn't sure what i was going to do after i use those.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts