Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha from Maui 2,

I started riding at 7. Honda Mini-trail 50, Hodaka Alsport Steen 100. Mohave Desert, Lake Elsinore, Rawhide Park... Stopped riding at 11. Needed cheap transpo early 20's, so Vespa for a few years. Got it up to 75 downwind, white knuckler.

30 years later, back in the saddle and it's wonderful... and on a great bike. Intimidating at first, size, weight, power, but no problem. It's like riding a bike. Hi hi. No pun. Woke up one morning and said Bike. Within 2 weeks, permit, course, insurance, Bike, gear, full endorsement.

I highly recommend the MSF Course. Newbie or Experienced. Best $200 I've ever spent.

This is a great Forum. Excellent info on deciding to buy the Versys and great tips on maintenance, mods... Thanks to all.

Best, Arnie

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
805 Posts
:welcome:
Just curious I've been to Maui and while there noticed there is about 4 different kinds of cars (probably all the rentals) so how is the bike selection? Any troubles finding a Versys? Is there an over abundance of certain types?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Ian I was originally looking for a new bike, but the prices were really starting to climb and then I saw this used Versys. Then I found this forum, which really helped in deciding to buy it. There is really only one dealer on the island, but they do have quite a selection of bikes. Used bikes are hard to come by. You need to check Craigslist every morning and jump on it quick. I would not say there is an over abundance of one type, same with cars.
Arnie

·
Registered
805 Posts
In my two week vacation on Maui we drove over 800 miles. Road to Hana is epic as is Haleakala. The whole time I was there I kept saying "I wish I had a bike here, I wish I had a bike here". It was an amazing place. If I ever am able to go back I am renting a bike no matter the cost or bike they give me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts