Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, after renting the Versys and V-strom's for over 3 years in the motorcycling haven here, finally picked up a 2020 V-650. With the restrictions et al, now itching for a quick ride around Bangkok, and looking forward to play with the V along the way :) So anyone in Thailand, would be great to connect for a ride out sometime !

Whilst have got all the "accessories" I deemed necessary, waiting for the windshield spoiler to arrive so can tackle the wind noise better. The next needed upgrade would be the tires, so any hints/pointers on reasonable options for 80/20 (pavement/trails) usage?

·
Administrator
8,254 Posts
Welcome aboard and enjoy your ride. There is one very active member around Bangkok -Kris.e
Be safe and Sawadikup bro.

·
Super Moderator
20,443 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello folks! Back at it again :)
A more recent Sunday Funday, was planning to hit the famous twisties of the Thailand-Myanmar border hills, but no-thanks to Covid, had to turn around and decided to head towards some random place on a signboard (Ban Rai Village), ended up through splendid gravel and sand trails with a few river spots to cross on the V running on road tires! Fabulous fun!

·
Administrator
8,254 Posts
The famous Burma-Thailand route, are you refering to the Mae Hong Son loop. Did the (1865 corners / 600km) loop sometime back and got the certificate and badge. It was one of the best ride in my life. Miss riding in Thailand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The famous Burma-Thailand route, are you refering to the Mae Hong Son loop. Did the (1865 corners / 600km) loop sometime back and got the certificate and badge. It was one of the best ride in my life. Miss riding in Thailand.
Oh nope, I have done the MHS loop a few times on a rental V-strom and a Versys- the former made my decision to pick up the V much easier lol. Not taken this baby up there yet. We are getting to know each other you see :cool:
This are small twisties at the Myanmar border 360 kms west of Bangkok.

·
Premium Member
9,457 Posts
Welcome from Canada

1 - 11 of 11 Posts