Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: Go my '07 Versys last year and love it. Had a Vulcan 800 before that, the a '99 ZRX1100 before that.
The Versus is great. I am over 6 feet tall, so seat height it good. I would like some panniers and a rear fender elimination kit this year. Any ideas?

That's it for now. Glad to have found this site.

Chris

·
Registered
114 Posts
Great to have you on the forum, Chris!

I had a Vulcan 900 LT before I got my Versys, so I think I have some idea what the switch to the new bike felt like for you. I'm 6' 5" and 215 pounds - and the Versys fits me perfectly. Ahhhh, what a great feeling to have a bike that fits AND is fun, too!

I've got a "tail tidy" on order from Ducati Omaha - they had to go to Europe to get it, since their U.S. supplier was out of them. I want to get rid of the long plastic tail extension, but keep the stock tail lights, so I passed up the various "undertail" kits that were available. Those undertails are sleek and sexy with their integrated LED tail lights . . . but I want to have the stock amber lights sticking out to grab the attention of drivers, especially when I'm using luggage for touring. As I mentioned in another posting I made today (in the "Cosmetic Modifications" subforum), I'm using a luggage package from Nelson Rigg that's very quick to remove from (and replace on) the bike. Hard panniers are, in extreme situations, more rugged and they are always more weatherproof . . . and they often add a nice "custom" touch to the bike. It just depends on what you're looking for and how much you want to spend.

Enjoy your Versys - and the forum!

Kevin McClearey

1 - 2 of 2 Posts