Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is Kawasaki all jacked up when it come to accessories for the Versys?

Here's what I have found so far with the help of this board and my own experience

Accessory #1
The tall windscreen from Kawasaki is the same one for the KLE650. It is taller but the mounting holes are higher up on the windscreen setting the screen right on top of the cowling and making it the exact same height as the stock screen.

Accessory #2
Allthough it shows the side cases with red trim on them in the accessory catalog, the trim kit only comes in gloss black. Since they are Givi cases, you can get the red trim kit from Givi but it's not the same red.

Accessory #3
The trunk doesn't really match the side cases but I guess that doesn't matter because from Kawi, you can't get the mounts for both the side cases and the trunk.

In other words, don't expect to roll your new bike out of the dealer fitted out with all the Versys branded accessories. Keep some pocket money for 3rd party accessories.

I guess the end result is very few Versys will look alike which is a good thing unless your a lemming.

P.S. I gotten more hits on my dating profile since I posted a picture of me on my bike!!! :yeahsmile: Chicks dig it.

Bryan

·
Registered
530 Posts
Take a look at the Kawasaki Canada site - you'll see they have the side panels in all the colors available. Doesn't make any sense.

Agree with Bryan - Kawasaki is jacked on these accessories. Not only did NA get cheated on the ABS models and the various colors available elsewhere but we are being held back on accessories as well.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. First, you don't have to buy the Kawasaki accessories, there are lots (and better) aftermarket options for all (or the few, in the US :mad:) accessories Kawasaki pretends to sell. This leads in to my second point, if you want to buy the OEM accessories you should be happy these things are available at all. Last year, when I bought mine, Kawasaki had all this stuff on their website, but there was nothing in stock anywhere in the country. Unfortunately, back then nobody had anything in stock, not Givi, not TwistedThrottle, not ADVMotoStuff, etc. some of us paid lots in shipping charges to get stuff from Europe, Australia, etc. :(

Gustavo

·
Registered
205 Posts
Let me tell you what I did on the windshield thing. I bought the calscientific windshield tall (not extratall). Looked at it after I got it installed and decided to slide it up all the way untill only the bottom holes were in position and then redrilled 2 new holes. Now it adjust up higher and which ever hole's I'm not using I put some black automotive buttons in. Now it is 6 way adjustable.

·
Registered
387 Posts
P.S. I gotten more hits on my dating profile since I posted a picture of me on my bike!!! :yeahsmile: Chicks dig it.
Why didn't I think of that? I'll get to work on it right away... as soon as I can find someone to take my picture while I'm on the bike...

:D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Unfortunately, back then nobody had anything in stock, not Givi, not TwistedThrottle, not ADVMotoStuff, etc. some of us paid lots in shipping charges to get stuff from Europe, Australia, etc.
That is exactly the point. To me, it is a complete package when the manufacturer offers you accessories they feel are worthy to be put on your bike. You don't have to buy them and can by an aftermarket part. But, why are there more accessories available in other Markets and even in the Canadian market just north? I can see limited bikes to see how they sell but accesories?

Kawasaki isn't the only company short changing the North American market, specifically the US market. Because I find Canada has more options typicially than the US in some cases.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Luggage Match & Misc.

Doing some crossborder and crosscontinent research has yielded the following results to try and get the Versys trim kit in Red.

Canada has: Candy Burnt Orange, Black, Silver, and Candy Plasma Blue.
UK/Europe has: Candy Lime Green, Black, Candy Plasma Blue.
Givi has: Gloss black, Gloss Silver, Brushed silver (probably closest to being a cool match for the red bike.)

So no red to match the US bike that I can find.

But Europe does have pretty cool accesories.
Billet Injector Cover, Billet Resevior cover, Mushrooms, Billet Handlebar logo cap, etc.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts