Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A friend got me into riding just a few years ago. I am addicted. He likes to take long rides. He has inspired me to do more, I did one week long ride with him to CO. I would like to hit all 49 as well. Attached is his 49+ accomplishment. I thought many of you might find this interesting and possibly inspiring!! He has seen a lot!!

World Ecoregion Map Line Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Don't wait to do it. You may never get the chance again.

I wish I would have done a better job tracking my routes through the lower 48 and Canada. I didn't do much interstate on my rides. I prefer state highways and country roads because I try to avoid major cities as much as possible. My first trip on the quest to ride all 48 states was on my '11 Versys 650 in 2012. I completed my goal in 2016 riding different motorcycles. In all I rode a 2010 Vulcan Voyager, 2011 Versys 650, 2012 Concours 1400, 2014 Triumph Trophy SE, 2015 Yamaha FZ07, and a 2016 Harley Road Glide Ultra. Total miles I put on those bikes was 150,000 miles.

Then I blew out my back, had surgery, got infected, and my long touring rides are behind me. I now trailer or haul bikes to where the good roads are and enjoy day rides with a lot of breaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.