Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Alguard Skid Plate?

5K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
i'd love to get my hands on an Alguard engine skid plate, if anyone has one they would part with.

I await your pm with bated breath, and cold hard cash....

#3 ·
Even with popular big 4 Jap bikes, you go with what's available made for the bike. I've seen one expensive skid plate, but Vs. 650 is a street bike for most people. There are a couple of dual purpose riders and one is even for sale here. I think other than SW, Hepco Becker (HB) is the most popular engine guard since it also covers the radiator too.

I also have a SW centerstand and it has a wide steel bar across the bottom of the engine which may act as a mini-skid plate. It is added to increase strength in materials to lift the bike up at the centerstand point. I also put my Redlight magnet on it near the street to help recognize me at redlights: for the most part it works with the $20 magnet part.

When I saw your post, I did not know what you were selling and still don't. If you find it, post it so we can all see. SW may make a skid plate for it. Good luck.

#4 ·
There are a couple of dual purpose riders I think there may be more than a couple of US :D
When I saw your post, I did not know what you were selling and still don't. If you find it, post it so we can all see.
I don't think he is selling anything, he is looking for something.

#8 ·
I had an Algard Engine Guard..It was a nice piece for highway,light gravel roads but if i was out slamming down on big rocks i would go for the one fasteddie has. Forum member Tinner made some almost identical to the Algard.

IMG_0089 by weljo2001, on Flickr

#17 ·
I have an Algard and just had it media blasted and powder-coated with some other parts. Seems robust enough for me, and looks good with the stock lower plastics. I didn't realize they were extinct or rare till total strangers asked if I would sell it... (it came on my bike used).

Does the Motech version offer enough of a flat spot to get a cycle jack under it? I miss that about the KLR.

#18 ·
...Does the Motech version offer enough of a flat spot to get a cycle jack under it? I miss that about the KLR.
Yes - at least it has enough to use a car-jack underneath (I have those "pump-up" jacks that you swing the handle to pump), but I ONLY do that when I need to, then I try to be ULTRA-CAREFUL to NOT drop the bike off the side.

:goodluck:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.