Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've been playing on this YouTube thing. I hope this works.:confused:

I put some pics from my bike trip to Alaska to some music. I know, it's a Honda VTX, but I'm on a Versys now.:D It's a great bike-shoulda had it for my trip. Would have saved me some gas money for sure. Anyhow:

Alaska/Canada 2008 Part One

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=REtHfQKtRMw

Alaska/Canada 2008 Part Two

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=kgGr_GR4qLg

I used an 8 MP Canon SX100IS. It took OK pics but YouTube crapped out my quality.:eek:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Looks like one hell of a trip. Great pictures - thanks for sharing.

I spent a summer in the panhandle of Alaska working on a cruise ship as a purser. These pictures bring back a lot of memories from that summer.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I must admire you. I'd love to do that, but I just can't deal with that cold weather! Thanks a bunch for sharing.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got to admit Don, there were more than a few frosty mornings. But it's easy peasy to crawl out of a tent @25 degrees knowing as soon as camp is broke? Yer jumping on a bike with heating clothing. That stuff really works and I used it at least 50% of the time in Alaska.

That being said? The day I took a shot for The Arctic Circle? It was 80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. I was a lucky cheesehead in that regard.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Great pic. What time of year did you go...looks like late summer or early fall. It rained most of the summer in central AK.

My wife and I took our trip to AK starting on 8/3. We covered 2600 miles by land and air and 750 miles north to south from north of the Brooks Range down to Katmai. We didn't see the southeast though. That Dalton highway was mostly good, but when they wet it down for grading, I bet that bike got squirrely!!!

I bet you came away with the same feeling we did..that Alaska is one beautiful state no matter where you go. And we saw lots of bikes on the Dalton, but few V-twins, mostly BMW's and other dirt bikes. Does this look familiar to ya...

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great shot Racerman! I do remember that locale in yer pic. Twasnt a cloud in the sky and was 80 degrees! I left Wisconsin June 25th and returned July 30.

That old Honda did just fine on gravel. I met a cop on the Dalton while doing prolly 70 on gravel. He just flashed his lights at me!

Alaska has lots of character(s). I can see myself going back up there easy.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts