Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one of this alarm systems ?, I'm thinking to buy one for my Versys, not sure which one yet, trying to decide. what you guys and gals think? , so far I'm considering the Scorpio sr-900i , the Gorilla 8007 and the Spy 5000 , any suggestions? :thanx:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Gorilla alarms

I have install Gorilla alarms on my 2 motorcycles and ATV. Nothing fancy, just a noise maker and flashing light to let someone know there is a alarm. Very easy to install.

Cb

·
Registered
224 Posts
starter kill

NO, if the started kill has problems to can't start your bike. NOW... that being said I have never had a alarm system installed with starter kill. I just do not want that problem if it fails and I am out on a back road. If you want a kill switch just install a on/off switch somewhere. The alarm will go off if I leave something on the bike and they try to remove it.
I just want that jeck that's looking for an easy steal and make him walk away because of the flashing light. I have used FAKE flashing lights where there is no alarm but when you turn off you bike the light flashes.
It really all depends on where you will have to leave your bike, I live in a small country town and the bike in my workshop. I do have a Zumo GPS that has a locking bracket when install and now a tank bag plus it's wired for ipod/SAt radio. I remove what I need to when I think there might be problems and carry with me or stick it in a trunk.

Cb

·
Premium Member
16,108 Posts
I've had a Scorpio SR-900I on the bike for 3 years now with no problems. Had it installed at the dealership.

IMG_0113 by weljo2001, on Flickr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts