Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed some old posts about slip on exhausts, very few of them being Akropovic, and even less videos of them. Here is mine with the baffle out. With the baffle in sounds very very close to stock, maybe a bit deeper. Taking the baffle out releases a whole new sound. The clip sounds a bit louder that what it really is. Im in my garage and its from a cold start, so its at about 2k rpm and hasn't dropped down yet, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed it on about 3/4th the way through last years riding season. Up here, that's about May-September, give or take. From what I've seen from it last year, I love it. Pretty simple to install and required no remapping. Doesn't pop or backfire. When I took out the baffle, it left a machined hole in the tip of the muffler. The hole made kind of a whistling sound. Not good. The hole is where the screw was that "held" the baffle in. By no means did it hold the baffle in, that thing was pretty tough to get out. Anyway after plugging the hole with a ss screw and ss lock nut, we are good to go.

Wow got way off topic.:eek:fftopic:......I have nothing to compare it to but the stock pipe. I think I made the right decision on spending the extra moolah for it. I like the way it looks ascetically compared to other IMO, especially with a red bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts