Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like my Yoshumira slip on muffler...but I'm thinking about trying out a Akrapovic muffler...just for grins...Can anybody share some info on this pipe? It's kinda pricy, but I hear it has a mellow sound...also,does it have a catalylitic converter in the mid pipe? :interesting:

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Heard it on a ER6N a couple of months ago and its an awesome sounding exhaust slip-on,
so darn expensive for a noisemaker tho.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Akrapovic and Yoshi produce about 95db on noise level.

using a Yoshi now and when its done, will revert back to the original Kawa muffler. i put the yoshi on for fun and not much gain on performance except the sound pissing of my neighbours:D

which ever way you go enjoy the sound..

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
I took the DB Killer out of my yoshi and like it even more now...:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've had a SS yosh can on for a couple of months. I got a very audible chuffing/turbulence sound on deceleration with the db killer in. I pulled it out and cut off the portion that necks down, maybe an inch or so. Much better on decel now. Really like the pipe, but way too loud :eek: for me without the db killer...

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
I've had a SS yosh can on for a couple of months. I got a very audible chuffing/turbulence sound on deceleration with the db killer in. I pulled it out and cut off the portion that necks down, maybe an inch or so. Much better on decel now. Really like the pipe, but way too loud :eek: for me without the db killer...

Heres mine doesn't sound too loud to me but then maybe i have a quiet helmet.:D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Heres mine doesn't sound too loud to me but then maybe i have a quiet helmet.:D
Even with a helmet and -33db ear plugs it's a canon without the db killer for me, it's a nice compromise with it in though.

I had the Carbon TRC-D version for about 800 miles, that's really a canon :eek:, but it's a beautiful piece of kit :thumb: The V ran like a million bucks with it on. Just a few pops here and there. Kind of like them, sounds like something on a racetrack!

It's going on ebay soon, keep an eye peeled if anyone is interested...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts