Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Came across these being sold in my country. Seller claims that it doesnt give any power gain but instead, better mpg.

I am inclined to call these as worthless junks and hocus pocus tech, but i am reminded that this mod is quite popular among car mods too.

Interested to hear what you guys have to say about this.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I bet they work as well as the Turbonator! I put one on my old Plymouth Valiant 225 straight six and it would pull the front wheels off the ground and get 50 mpg.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Looks to me like they're making a bunch of turbulent air right before being straightend out by the air filter. I think the time & effort could be better spent on a nap.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
:( I'm with the others and don't think it'll do anything.... If something so simple could improve mileage so much they'd all do it. But do keep us informed. We can always hope! :clap:

·
Super Moderator
1,488 Posts
I want my 2 minutes back!

I thought you were going to give us an update to the no-snorkle airbox mod.

taking the snorkels out might have given you more power!

But hey they look like 2 whoopy cushions inside the airbox... do they make the same induction sound? Then they are worth it.

·
Super Moderator
19,772 Posts

Came across these being sold in my country. Seller claims that it doesnt give any power gain but instead, better mpg.

I am inclined to call these as worthless junks and hocus pocus tech, but i am reminded that this mod is quite popular among car mods too.

Interested to hear what you guys have to say about this.
I have TWO concerns, but ONE's been touched on already. The OTHER - IF one of those rivets EVER came loose, being in the engine's inlet tract, you're going to probably suffer catastrophic engine damage when it gets into the cylinder.

:badidea:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have TWO concerns, but ONE's been touched on already. The OTHER - IF one of those rivets EVER came loose, being in the engine's inlet tract, you're going to probably suffer catastrophic engine damage when it gets into the cylinder.

:badidea:
Well, that rivet would need to punch a hole through the air filter first.

Alrighty, thanks guys, your responses so far has re-affirmed what i suspected as pure BS.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Doesnt do anything. It looks like it swirls the air to make it more focused. This will also mean your air filter will take a more focused blast. Then if paper filter loses strength, then the paper element will blow into the ignition and so on. Hmmm...bad tech....
If want more power just get a bigger bike, or put a NOS tank somewhere and go go baby...

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I'd like to order three sets please... One to shiat on, one to piss on and one to set on fire.

·
Super Moderator
19,772 Posts
Well, that rivet would need to punch a hole through the air filter first.

Alrighty, thanks guys, your responses so far has re-affirmed what i suspected as pure BS.
On a quick look, I thought those attached to the inlets over the FI....

My bad.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts