Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the benefit of those of you that haven't had the fun of accessing your air filter here are some pictures of it. It's under the gas tank and kind of a pain in the *****.

In addition, if you ever have to remove the total air box, you have to remove the 4 screws on the top square to access the 4 Allen head screws in the bottom of the air filter box. When you do this, you need to be very,very,very careful not to drop one of them in the box. It will roll back to the bottom of the box, through the crankcase scavenger hose, and drop down into your crankcase. Guess what happens then?

To prevent this, place a clean rag or something in the back rear of the air box to block this route and you won't have a problem.

Just trying to give you a heads up on this problem.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I don't see your photos... I always remove my airbox by simply loosening the Phillips screws on the TB flange clamps beneath it. Both are accessible from the right.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Stick Magnet

I just have one of those handy stick magnets handy. Keep one on the bike, it has come in hands for dropped screws in tight places. Keep one in the tool chest. You should try one. :eek:penarms:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts