Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been covered before but I was wondering about servicing the air filter, cleaning or replacing. I keep an 08 Vesys 650 at our place in Florida and ride a lot of sand roads or near them. Judging by the dust on the bike, I would imagine the Air Filter may need attention but I cannot find any thread on it in this forum. The owner manual simply states; take it to a dealer...

·
Super Moderator
19,748 Posts
Remove the gas tank (be VERY careful removing the gas-line!).
1. (pic) Here's the fuel-line fitting, STILL attached;
2. Use a flat-blade screwdriver to turn it [around 90 degrees in this pic], THEN you can remove the fuel-line;
3. Here's pulling the line off;
4. Here's pushing the line back on (I support the rear of the tank w/ a piece of 2x4; and
5. Here it is w/ the fuel-line back on.

Then you can see the piece you remove w/ the filter in it, maybe 6 to 8" long, 3/4" wide, held by ONE screw (IF memory serves).

As long as the filter isn't deteriorating - clean it in varsol, dry it, re-oil it, then re-install.

Easy, peasy.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, sounds easy enough....

·
Super Moderator
19,748 Posts
...As long as the filter isn't deteriorating - clean it in varsol, dry it, re-oil it, then re-install.

Easy, peasy.
I'll modify my above comment: I oil my Gen 1 air-filter w/ K&N Filter oil, which means it can be washed in water, then when DRY, it can be re-sprayed w/ K&N Filter oil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts