Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
didn't know that alpinstars made one - so this is the second electronicly controlled airbag jacket that i've seen

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
well moto gp has been using them for years and ive seen riders high side at triple digit speeds and after bouncing down the track for half a mile , hop right up and hobble to the pits.....10+ years ago they lied there , bleeding , dieing, wail the meat wagon comes and scrapes them up..

with that said.
would i buy one and use it for street riding? no..
1. im to poor to buy "proper riding gear" to start with let alone a billion dollar airbag leathers.
2.i almost never reach triple digit speed these days, the V is my tourer not a sport bike :)
3.im on the road not the track
4.im a bi-polar, schizophrenic , depressed person that welcomes death, so when the time comes, it comes...

but if i had money to burn and did track days or alot of aggressive high speed riding on the street like i did in my younger years yes i would get one

·
Registered
601 Posts
I love my Hit-Air jacket. You don't need to be on the track to get your ribs broken and potentially puncturing your lungs or heart...it's worth the $400-$500 to me.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feed back! :thumb::thumb:

I'm not really sure what to think. It must be good protection. ;)

·
Registered
601 Posts
MTS, I totally recommend looking into an air-bag jacket. The second leading cause of fatal motorcycles accidents (from what I've been told) is when ribs break and puncture the lungs and/or heart. These jackets help reduce that risk by inflating along the front and back, around the neck, and down at the tail bone. The Hit-Air jackets fully inflate in about 1/4 of a second and are partially inflated sooner, providing some protection even before it's fully inflated. They work when the rider gets separated from the bike. There's a tether that activates a CO2 cartridge. If the jacket gets activated, all you have to do is wait a few minutes and the CO2 slowly escapes, snap a few panels back together, replace it with a new cartridge (which is very reasonably priced), and your good to go. You'd think I'm a salesman for them or something...I'm not. I just really believe in the product.

Check out you-tube videos and safermoto.com. Sometimes you can find them used on ebay or craigslist at a good price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts