Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my V yesterday ive put 160ish miles on, very nice ride. but the damn seat. does anyone have different seats or remedies?

-chris

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've seen several threads on people raising the front of the seat using 1/8" aluminum spacers; Reshaping the seats by pulling back the cover and adding higher density foam; and aftermarket seats.

I know that kawasaki makes a low gel seat. I know that corbin makes a very nice looking seat that has an option for a backrest on the passenger's portion. I like the corbin, but it is expensive at $435.

Look in the performance and cosmetic thread sections and you will find most of this info with pictures and more. Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Also, if you can put up with the forward slope of the seat, the stock seat does seem to get better with use. My butt doesn't feel nearly as fatigued by a 200 mile ride as it did on a 10 mile ride when new. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Also, if you can put up with the forward slope of the seat, the stock seat does seem to get better with use. My butt doesn't feel nearly as fatigued by a 200 mile ride as it did on a 10 mile ride when new. :)
perhaps it is your butt that is getting used to it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts