Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What aftermarket seat options are available for a generation 1 Versys? Are they worth it? Note looking for comfort not increase or decrease in height. Any other recommended options?

·
Registered
212 Posts
In my limited research thus far, Corbin and Baldwin are the two I have seen. I don't have either, so others will have to chime in.

Additionally, I know of another seat maker, Seat Concepts. I contacted them and they do not yet offer a Versys seat, but will make one based on interest.
If we were to shoot them several emails requesting them, they are quite responsive to wants.....I've been down this road with them on a seat for another bike (DRZ400) and they are a good company with a good product for very reasonable money.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I too was interested in comfort... funny thing was... once I lowered the pegs and raised the bars... the stock seat got a lot more comfortable... and I was soooo close to getting a baldwin seat...

·
Registered
665 Posts
Lowering the pegs helped. Raising the bars is next. But I still think a Baldwin is in my near future. Going to do some home mods to figure out what it is I really want/need and then let Baldwin do it right.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The Russel is very nice, that's a beautiful seat. Pretty spendy I imagine.

To me, Baldwin is the best bang for the buck. For $300 it's hard to miss.

You did find the DIY threads right? I just posted my thread for another new owner in the 'Best looking V' thread. Couldn't be happier with the way it sits now. My DIY is here: http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11152
And there are several other good ones if you search.

·
Registered
208 Posts
sprocket -- I recently had my stock versys seat modified by Spencers Seats. Although I have not had the opportunity to ride the bike since receiving the modified seat due to northeast PA winter weather :(, I have yet to read about anyone who was not very satisfied with the improved comfort. I did a lot of research, considered doing my own mods and considered an aftermarket seat. For me, the best option was Spencer. I only heard good things about his product, timeliness and attitude. He was EXTREMELY easy to deal with. He is very inexpensive - $90 for the long-distance mod for rider & passenger. You pay for shipping both ways (my shipping total was about $80). I also just added highway pegs and expect better comfort with them. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts