Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow versysers! (Pretty sure that`s not a word, sounds fun tho)

I ordered my 2016 Versys 650 and since it`s going to take 2/3 weeks till it`s delivered i`ve got plenty of time to look at centerstands and aftermarket exhaust options.

Turns out you don`t need allot of time to look at centerstands for the Versys 650 2016 :|

Anyway, I can`t imagine my new Versys not having a centerstand, or not having an aftermarket exhaust on it. Just one big question, are there exhaust`s that fit together with any of the centerstands out there? Is there anyone on this forum that has a centerstand ánd an aftermarket exhaust?

(Edit! Forgot to add that the Hepco & Becker would for sure be my favorite choice since it doesn`t have the love and hate relation with the side stand :) )

I personally like the IXIL SX1 allot since it comes with 2 DB killers and it`s tucked under the bike like the stock exhaust.

Same goes for the Leovince underbody, but just one DB killer.

Besides these two, the MIVV or Arrow aren`t bad either..
Mivv:

Arrow:

Any help at all would be very very much appreciated :smile2:

·
Registered
549 Posts
I am not sure if they contact as they are also oy to do list
Here is one I like. looks nice. stays close to the motorcycle does not look like it sticks out much.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Center stand a good idea. Unless you can show me on a dyno where aftermarket exhausts improve performance in real world use at real world rpm's, I can't see it. The main function of aftermarket exhausts for street bikes is to produce profit for the makers and sellers. I know that's heresy, but I say it with over fifty years experience in every facet of motorcycling. Your bike and your $$$$, do as you like, but I think there are many more improvements that produce value and safety rather than annoying noise. Happy motoring. :usa:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Center stand a good idea. Unless you can show me on a dyno where aftermarket exhausts improve performance in real world use at real world rpm's, I can't see it. The main function of aftermarket exhausts for street bikes is to produce profit for the makers and sellers. I know that's heresy, but I say it with over fifty years experience in every facet of motorcycling. Your bike and your $$$$, do as you like, but I think there are many more improvements that produce value and safety rather than annoying noise. Happy motoring. :usa:
It depends on the bike, how its ridden, what RPMS your happy at etc.. Some bikes respond really well, especially when you dig a bit deeper into fueling, etc. My ULY had very noticable gains all across the RPMS with the drummer exhaust, however I had a laptop with ECMSPY hooked up to and tweaked the fueling and timing as well..Others, you are correct all you get is more noise. From reading this forum the last nearly 2 years, it seems the Versys falls into that category, with an average minimal gain. But, some folks just like the sounds, I suppose that's good enough reason to buy one as well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Looks like an old thread, but I am curious about centerstand + aftermarket exhaust combos. Any updates from anyone?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts