Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to by HB engine guards and hand guards as well as a probably a Givi or similar top box and rack. What are the recommended parts sources. Not sure if this makes a difference but I am in Canada but will consider importing from US dependent on shipping costs.

Also what top boxes are recommended? What racks? Can I fit a Givi top box to a Motech rack?

·
Registered
928 Posts
According to the Hepco-Becker website, the importers for H-B items are MotoVan and Moto Internationale. For Givi, the importer is Importations Thibault Ltee. The Givi stuff can normally be sourced by most dealerships. For SW-Motech, I'd check with A Vicious Cycle, as they carry many of the SW-Motech parts for the Versys.

Can the Givi top boxes be used with a SW-Motech Rack? Yes. I'm not sure if the Givi Monokey cases come with a universal plate (My Kappa K35 Monolock case did). If not, the part you seek is one of the Monokey is the E250.

If you are not committed to Givi, per se, you could also look at Kappa which are imported by Full Bore Marketing. They offer similar cases, and use plates compatible with Givi. The list of plates they have available are here, and you'd want either the K609 (Monokey) or K628 (Monolock), depending on the case. I'd confirm first if a plate comes with the case, though.

My current set up is the Givi FZ447 top rack with the KM5M Kappa monolock plate to mount my K35 top box. I also have the PLX447 side racks for the V35 side cases.

Pics with the bags

Pic with just the top case

Pics without the bags

It works pretty well for me, although I'd prefer a larger top box...maybe the Givi E470 or V46, or the Kappa K46 / K49. If you later decide to get side racks with a Givi top rack, get the PLX447 rack (V35-specific) or PL447 rack (other bags). They work very well with the FZ447 rack. I can't comment on the SW-Motech racks, as I've never used them.

Good luck,
Dave C

1 - 3 of 3 Posts