Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Hello all,

I go by richlandrick and have been involved in the V-Strom community for over ten years now. We design and build many original products and solutions for adventure bikes. I'm picking up a green 2014 Versys 650 tomorrow and plan on starting the farkle design process at full speed. As soon as my supporting vendor paperwork is done we will add Versys products to our website. In the meantime feel free to peruse our V-Strom offering and let me know what you like to see offered for the Versys family of bikes. Our goal is not only to design original solutions, but to offer them and other products at VERY reasonable prices. It's kinda our thing.

I'm expecting to make mirror extenders, over the dash GPS mounts, over the dash shelves, bolt on larger side stand feet, raising lowering links, an auxiliary light bar, and probably more. Check out our site and feel free to let me know what the Versys owners need.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, we lived in the Tri-cities up until last summer. Then we moved to Clover SC. It was time to move back home.

Yep the green looks good!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome and I'm sure the request for unique Versys farkles will come. Versys riders tend to be a very discerning group on mods to their bike.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Welcome to the Versys family and the Gen 2 club (the BEST looking Versys IMHO) :wink2:
I am VERY interested in what products you will have for our bikes. As I have a 2011 Gen 2. It's pretty farkled out but I'm always looking for upgrades or things that I don't have.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Hello all,

I go by richlandrick and have been involved in the V-Strom community for over ten years now. We design and build many original products and solutions for adventure bikes. I'm picking up a green 2014 Versys 650 tomorrow and plan on starting the farkle design process at full speed. As soon as my supporting vendor paperwork is done we will add Versys products to our website. In the meantime feel free to peruse our V-Strom offering and let me know what you like to see offered for the Versys family of bikes. Our goal is not only to design original solutions, but to offer them and other products at VERY reasonable prices. It's kinda our thing.

I'm expecting to make mirror extenders, over the dash GPS mounts, over the dash shelves, bolt on larger side stand feet, raising lowering links, an auxiliary light bar, and probably more. Check out our site and feel free to let me know what the Versys owners need.

As far as I am aware there is no over the dash GPS/Phone mount option for the Versys version 2 although there was one for the version 1 bike. I love my Ram X Mount for my phone but it would be great and you would have a customer if you made a way to mount the X Mount over the dash where it does not block the view. I've also found putting in my tank bag, which has a phone window, causes it to overheat and shut down. Note I have an aftermarket Givi touring screen. It should ideally work with aftermarket screens as well as the stock screen.

Another thing I think would be great would be a bolt on kickstand plate that increases the stand length somewhat. The V650 has a 13 inch kickstand which causes it to lean excessively to one side, it really requires a slightly longer kick stand IMO, and it requires a lot of effort to heft up at that angle to get rolling. The OEM stand is just about perfect with the lowering kit installed but with the stock suspension the bike leans over farther than just about any other bike that I have parked it next to. The high center of gravity of the bike really makes it a job to heft up. I've owned a version one and version 2 bike and seen a version 3 bike in the showroom, they all seem to have this issue.

Best of luck in your new business endeavor.

·
Super Moderator
19,780 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very long time coming, but we are a vendor now and designing parts for the Versys.

·
Super Moderator
19,780 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts