Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pleased with the overall performance of the Versys in this semi-off road trim. Added Hepco bags, Yoshimura exhaust, stainless headers, Go Pro, pegs, PC5, windscreen, and wire wheels too a 19" front. Pic is from the Blue Ridge Parkway in Tennessee. Up here for a week and just when I think I have been on the best road ever, another tops it. Could move here just for the rides :)

Video of the bike -

https://youtu.be/Kg7Hm5ULUww

Great ride -

https://youtu.be/stHJ1gyfQSw

·
Registered
670 Posts
the BRP doesn't go to TN, but it's easy to loose track of state lines when you're riding those roads.

good looking machine. did you do anything to raise the front fender? did you slide the forks up in the triples to preserve handling/front end geometry?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just used aluminum bar stock, polished, and lifted the fender about 1.5 inches using the same fender mounting holes. Looks OEM. I pondered adding a 1 inch spacer to the rear shock to make the steering geo as stock but the 19" front only raises the bike an inch, steering and handling is still perfect. However, like with a dirt bike, the turn in slower, not as fast or sharp as a 17" wheel, which I actually prefer having grown up riding offroad but the difference is nominal, doubt most would notice.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am looking at raising the front fender for more tire options. Looks pretty tight back there with the fender extender. How much clearance do you have between the tire and the fender extender? If you were going to do it again would you have not installed the fender extender?

Also did you fabricate the front fender riser yourself?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am looking at raising the front fender for more tire options. Looks pretty tight back there with the fender extender. How much clearance do you have between the tire and the fender extender? If you were going to do it again would you have not installed the fender extender?

Also did you fabricate the front fender riser yourself?
Actually, is about 3/4 inch but very flexible if did pick up a larger pebble. However, and have been meaning to do this, I can just align the holes in the aluminum risers to offset the angle of the fender to tilt forward in the front more and give about 1.5 inches front and rear. Yes, to the extender as the headers will get pummeled with out it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
hey mate, what pegs are you using? bolt on or additional work required to install? can you post a pic? i did a little standing on my last trip, it was not reassuring, started thinking about off road pegs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts