Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replaced their stock front brake and clutch levers with adjustable levers?
I’m interested in doing this. Any suggestions for a source of these items? Any firsthand experience with this modification?
Thanks,
PCG

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I ordered some very cheap CNC shorty levers off Ebay. The brake lever fit perfectly and I still have it installed after two years. The clutch lever did not fit quite right and ended up destroying my clutch cable. I reinstalled the stock clutch lever with a new clutch cable but still have the shorty lever on my brake.

·
Registered
162 Posts
We shall see on these. i think it depends on what [they] are cloning. ;-)

I bought a couple of sets that fit perfectly on two Honda scooters but at $20 who knows. lol This guy sells a lot of them and if they were all bad he would quickly get booted from EBay these days.

·
Super Moderator
19,395 Posts
Anyone replaced their stock front brake and clutch levers with adjustable levers?
I’m interested in doing this. Any suggestions for a source of these items? Any firsthand experience with this modification?
Thanks,
PCG
I have bought Ebay (China...) shorty-levers for all three of my Vs, and VERY happy w/ 'em!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Looks like we are all boosting Hong Kong's economy. :)

There are also a lot of good accessories out of Thailand.
Yes. It is good for us as customers but not good for our economy. Still, I would rather have been born here than somewhere that 500 people are lined up for my job, live in a shack and am locked in while at work. Sad though that they have to work so much harder to survive.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm interested in getting some adjustable levers. Has anyone else here purchased them? If so, how do you like them and where did you get them? Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm interested in getting some adjustable levers. Has anyone else here purchased them? If so, how do you like them and where did you get them? Thanks!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Kawasaki-VERSYS-300X-2018-CNC-Short-Brake-Clutch-Levers-Adjustable-Titanium/253345209991?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=552504798364&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I just put these on yesterday! It took only 5 days to get them, for a little over $21 in Titanium finish, adjustable and shorter than stock. It took about 10 minutes max to install. They work exactly as I had hoped. My reach is short enough that I was grabbing the stock levers more in the center. Now all is well with the world!

·
Registered
453 Posts
$21.58 a pair

A perfect fit. 1" shorter. Ebay - I have lost the link.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Will levers for the Ninja 300 work on the Versys-X 300? Some aftermarket levers list both applications. But, when I looked up OEM part numbers, they were not the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm hijacking the topic to ask if any of you had issue with levers from ebay / aliexpress?
I remember installing similar one on my FZ6 back in the day. One or two day with and I had my brake lever always breaking ... the Yamaha guy told me something like "not enough guard, be careful with those".

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm hijacking the topic to ask if any of you had issue with levers from ebay / aliexpress?
I remember installing similar one on my FZ6 back in the day. One or two day with and I had my brake lever always breaking ... the Yamaha guy told me something like "not enough guard, be careful with those".
No, I have not had any problems at all.
These days the competition is so great from China that any seller with an issue quickly gets discarded. These retailers survive on the strength of their feedback rating. Any problems are quickly sorted. Any poor rating will have them email you to attempt a reconciliation.

·
Super Moderator
19,395 Posts
I'm hijacking the topic to ask if any of you had issue with levers from ebay / aliexpress?...
I installed a set onto each V650 (Ebay from China), and I'm very happy w/ them

1 - 20 of 23 Posts