Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm wanting to add a pair of aftermarket lights for visibility to my bike.
Nice to see a spirited discourse between Onewizard and 52degrees, two knowledgeable members! I run amber front and side running lights. You cant ever get enough visibility. Heres a suggestion that you may find helpful. I sent a 2nd low level resisted current wire(with diode) to each of the front LED turn signals, turning them into low level running lights ala Honda. You dont need much power for a bright LED running light. Like 1 watt! Then you can run bright white mounted aux. spots to augment the headlight wash which need some help due to the design. I ran my aux. lights from the keyed on-off aux. circuit with a hi-lo simple resisted switch,no relay,no problem. Lo is good for white running lights. 18 watts per side, a standard rating and plenty bright on Hi. Something wrong with their wattage rating on those yellow angel lights. Even 60W per side LED is crazy. Hope they are LED.....

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
Nice to see a spirited discourse between Onewizard and 52degrees, two knowledgeable members! I run amber front and side running lights. You cant ever get enough visibility. Heres a suggestion that you may find helpful. I sent a 2nd low level resisted current wire(with diode) to each of the front LED turn signals, turning them into low level running lights ala Honda. You dont need much power for a bright LED running light. Like 1 watt! Then you can run bright white mounted aux. spots to augment the headlight wash which need some help due to the design. I ran my aux. lights from the keyed on-off aux. circuit with a hi-lo simple resisted switch,no relay,no problem. Lo is good for white running lights. 18 watts per side, a standard rating and plenty bright on Hi. Something wrong with their wattage rating on those yellow angel lights. Even 60W per side LED is crazy. Hope they are LED.....
I have some 100 watt LEDs. You wouldn't want to look directly at them. The 50 watt versions aren't much bitter.

If it says LED and 60 watt in the same ad type, it's likely a 60 watt incandescent equivalent, roughly 18 Watts or less.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I too have gone down the Aux light route :smile2:

I got a pair of these lights (£18/pair) mounted on SWMotech light brackets.

They are great and really do light up the Scottish back roads at night :smile2:

picture showing them on DRL setting (Diped and High beam not on)

I wired them up via a LED (PWM) dimmer from AdvMonster HERE that has a High Beam Bypass. :wink2:

So that they act as DRL (dim) when on low beam, but then auto switch to full power when High beam is selected :nerd:

Richard :grin2:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hola,

I have in plan to buy this:
It say it is for BMW, but I don't see problem to mount this on V650.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32911723924.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.7146501bIpQvPH&algo_pvid=d45e702f-53db-4e1d-9f7a-af630677aca1&algo_expid=d45e702f-53db-4e1d-9f7a-af630677aca1-3&btsid=0ab50f6215881682155311989e7d36&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

40W lights, it should not be problem for motorbike?
It look very well quality, also you can take option with relay. I can connect this setup directly on battery and it will work.
I think that on 1 link for same product write 40A for fuse + relay, isn't 40A to much for this system?
How much Amps have fuse for OEM fog lights?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Hola,

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32911723924.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.7146501bIpQvPH&algo_pvid=d45e702f-53db-4e1d-9f7a-af630677aca1&algo_expid=d45e702f-53db-4e1d-9f7a-af630677aca1-3&btsid=0ab50f6215881682155311989e7d36&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

It look very well quality, also you can take option with relay. I can connect this setup directly on battery and it will work.
I think that on 1 link for same product write 40A for fuse + relay, isn't 40A to much for this system?
You are confusing watts and amps. One amp at 12 volts nominal voltage is 12 watts. In the real world the 40 watt bulbs should draw about 3 amps.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hola,

Those look good but as usual you have to sort out the specs yourself.
-They dont say if they are spot or flood. Spot is better as flood are unusable for oncoming traffic and only good for riding in the middle of nowhere. Spot will shoot a precise beam for seeing far and helps our headlights out. I chose more vertical throw as our headlights are already very horizontal spread. Looking at the elongated bubble in the lens it could be mounted vertical . May be okay, depends what youre looking for.
- 40W, should say 20 per side. This is the norm for LED aux. lights.
-4000 Lumen,this is your brightness rating so Im assuming 2000 per side. Thats okay if the lens does its job. Mine are about the same and I made a hi-lo switch for daytime running lights. Save your stator some constant work.
- 6000K color rating,thats good for white. Less than that and you can get more blue light which some people like.
-40 Amp fuse? Someones got their numbers wrong, way too much. I run mine direct off my keyed on-off aux circuit, no extra fuse or circuit.
What I do is look up these lights from other sellers and see if you can find better spec descriptions...

·
Registered
163 Posts
You are confusing watts and amps. One amp at 12 volts nominal voltage is 12 watts. In the real world the 40 watt bulbs should draw about 3 amps.
Probably something wrong with data on aliexpress, I look and it was 40Amps fuse in description, I look and I don't understand how that much. 100% wrong data in description.

Those look good but as usual you have to sort out the specs yourself.
-They dont say if they are spot or flood. Spot is better as flood are unusable for oncoming traffic and only good for riding in the middle of nowhere. Spot will shoot a precise beam for seeing far and helps our headlights out. I chose more vertical throw as our headlights are already very horizontal spread. Looking at the elongated bubble in the lens it could be mounted vertical . May be okay, depends what youre looking for.
- 40W, should say 20 per side. This is the norm for LED aux. lights.
-4000 Lumen,this is your brightness rating so Im assuming 2000 per side. Thats okay if the lens does its job. Mine are about the same and I made a hi-lo switch for daytime running lights. Save your stator some constant work.
- 6000K color rating,thats good for white. Less than that and you can get more blue light which some people like.
-40 Amp fuse? Someones got their numbers wrong, way too much. I run mine direct off my keyed on-off aux circuit, no extra fuse or circuit.
What I do is look up these lights from other sellers and see if you can find better spec descriptions...
I need to check is it spot or flood. I will found something on youtube about this product.
But it looks great to me, it will be very helpfully on night where don't existe street lighting.

·
Registered
163 Posts
This confused me. (picture with fuse)

Also I look at pictures which some buyers posted and here is how it look at night. I think that it will not blind oncoming vehicles.

Here is review from 1 guy : It came quickly, the quality is not bad, the light is normal, most importantly there is a light line so as not to blind counter-cars

Description : - LED's feature reflectors and lenses designed to minimize the amount of scattered light, meaning more of the produced light reaches the road, where it counts.

But most important to me is E9 mark. So I don't have problem in my country and in Europe with police and while registration.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,851 Posts
LED headlight conversion

36 watt 6000 lumens SafeGo, actual current at 14.2 VDC is about 2.4 amp per lamp. I also have the Denali led lights. I find the values posted to be generally greatly inflated. The posted specs on the box are bang on.

Something that I failed to point out, the specs on the box are something I dealt with for over 40 years as a professional master electrician with electronics and also a multi-tradesman , if you look closely it has input power plus or minus 10%. It has a operating voltage of 9 to 32 VDC. Some important info, one is operating temperature, minus 40 to plus 80'C. They give a rating for low and high beam, as dual beam is available. I tested these LED lights, since the current is under 10 amp , I was able to connect one Fluke 189 on amps DC and a second on VDC, the actual wattage was as stated, the only thing I didn't have is a lux meter . BTW as your voltage goes up, the current goes down. I can honestly say, it is a rare feat finding a product like this with exacting specifications, as mentioned below. This is a quality product.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I got these headlights on Onewizards recomendation. First off, every LED light that we buy for our vehicles should have this simple spec sheet to de-mistify all the gobelty-gook of numbers they trot out to impress you. Its all written there and just looking at it assures me that these people know what they are doing and that the physical product will deliver. These Safegos are as bright as you go for Gen 3 reflectors. For aux. lights, the science of the lens and reflector design is very important to how the light throws. A well designed reflector/lens will make up for sheer lumens or watts. Thats what sets the lights like Denali apart from the cheaper ones.....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Now I looking about OEM harness for fog lights and how much I see for Versys 300, Versys 650, Versys 1000 it should be same (I assume that it should be same, by looking pictures)

Only difference is in price:

For Versys 300 it is :

HARNESS,FOG LAMP
26031-2337 $4.06

For Versys 650 it is :

HARNESS
26031-1737 $67.60

For Versys 1000 it is :

HARNESS,FOG LAMP
26031-1756 $41.56

Somebody know are they same?
I see on thread someobdy post vor Versys 300 OEM harness, and i see on youtube for Versys 1000 totaly same harness. Only difference was between plug color.
Can comebody confirm that Versys 300, 650 and 1000 have same Harness for fog light?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts