Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the weather was a 'bit' down, once I'd changed front sprockets, I mounted-up my Ebay LED voltage meter (a total of $11 delivered!) into the dash on the left side. It's claimed to be waterproof...:thumb:

After I'd removed the left-side fairing I determined that there was certainly enough room, and that location was close to the wires to the left running light (DRL), so - easy to "tap-into".

I only had a 1" hole saw, while the diameter at the threads on the LED meter is 1.125", so I drilled it, then gently 'opened-up' the hole (w/ a Dremel) till I could JUST turn the meter in, then removed it. I put a small bead of GOOP under the top lip on it, and turned it back in till it was snug, then added the plastic nut.

I soldered a wire w/ a 1/4" female end (a piece of "heat shrink tubing" protecting it from a 'short') into the 'hot' wire (red) to the DRL, and used another under one of the small bolts that anchor the windshield frame as my 'ground'.

Works fine, but because of the white 'lettering' it's difficult to see w/ the sun shining on it, so I hold my left hand over it and read it OK.

I did this to keep track IF or WHEN my stator packs it in....

:goodidea:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Looks nice. Especially for $11.

·
Registered
720 Posts
this is where i had mounted mine. no drilling necessary, just a strip of 3M double sided tape under the bar riser. stayed there for 2 years to date!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
red can be read...in sunlight, that's what i use, but not the same model.

careful try fitting these if flush mounting, once they're in, they're hell to get out without damaging.
Look for a "PM"....

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this is where i had mounted mine. no drilling necessary, just a strip of 3M double sided tape under the bar riser. stayed there for 2 years to date!...
Looking good, but my tank-bag will obscure that area...!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts