Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share with my V family an awesome mini vacation I took with my family last weekend..It was in Durango colo..We took an old steam train up into the mountains to silverton colo...3 1/2 hours each way..This was a 20 year anniversary trip...we took our 2 kids to enjoy the weekend with us..You have to book ahead for tickets,its very popular and worth every penny...For those of you around the world that cant get here..ENJOY!!!:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
I did ride up to Silverton on a Hayabusa (saw the train and it did look really cool) a couple years ago. I think the name of the road it the "Million Dollar highway"? Stopped in Ouray for the hot springs. I really had a great time and the roads are fantastic out your way.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Million dollar highway is correct!..Thats because it cost a million dollars per mile because of the rough terrian to put the road through it...from durango to ouray is the best riding ive ever seen!...its the reason the word TWISTEES was invented....:cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Love that area!

Did some camping with the family out there last year. We were camped right next to the train tracks. I've not ridden the area on the V, but bet it'd be pretty awesome.

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Took my wife there in the middle of August for our 27th Anniversary. If you can swing the extra cost of the premium cars, it's well worth it. We were on the Silver Vista, open sides, glass roof :D

The tours of Mesa Verde are also well worth a day or two side trip.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I just wanted to share with my V family an awesome mini vacation I took with my family last weekend..It was in Durango colo..We took an old steam train up into the mountains to silverton colo...3 1/2 hours each way..This was a 20 year anniversary trip...we took our 2 kids to enjoy the weekend with us..You have to book ahead for tickets,its very popular and worth every penny...For those of you around the world that cant get here..ENJOY!!!:cheers:
Gorgeous! :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts