Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All!
I just wanted to update you guys that I completed my cross Canada adventure on my new to me V. The story of my trip was that I had been really looking hard at getting a Versys after selling my cruiser and wanted to try something that I could use on the twisties around B.C. and could also do some adventure touring on. I wound up finding a well farkled V in Nova Scotia and decided...why not?

So I flew out out on Aug. 16th to Halifax where the incredibly gracious owner drove to pick me up. We then went out for some local grub and ale, hit the hay, and the next day got the banking and permits taken of. After going for a rip around his hometown I took off to begin my journey west. I had a pretty tight schedule to keep as I had to be home on Aug.25th, so I had to put in some monster days in the saddle, but the sore butt was well worth the opportunity that was before me.

I was incredibly lucky to have a perfect day to do the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton, which has been on my motorcycle bucket list for quite some time. I then worked my way north into New Brunswick and Quebec, before turning West and crossing over into Ontario,Manitoba,Saskatchewan,Alberta, and after 7,200 kms. finally, my home province of B.C....:)

It was a fantastic trip...the V performed flawlessly, and the memories I have from finally seeing my country from Coast to Coast will be with me for a long time.

The first pic is on The Cabot Trail, the next in Old Quebec City, and then at the provincial boundary into B.C.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,772 Posts
:thumb: thanks for sharing.

Man. Machine and Memories the will not get erased.

What else do we need.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Now that's what I call buying a bike with style. Well done. And I salute you for making a coast to coast of Canada, something I'd hope to do one day.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Fantastic way to pick up a new bike. My wife and I have driven across to Nova Scotia twice in the last few years since our daughter moved there and it is definitely on motorcycle "want to do" list.
Next year I may rent a bike in Halifax and do the Cabot Trail.
Thanks for the picures and report..

·
Registered
770 Posts
Fantastic way to pick up a new bike. My wife and I have driven across to Nova Scotia twice in the last few years since our daughter moved there and it is definitely on motorcycle "want to do" list.
Next year I may rent a bike in Halifax and do the Cabot Trail.
Thanks for the picures and report..
There is a company outside Halifax that rent Versys. I can probably find their number if you need it. Living in Halifax, there are some great coastal rides on the outskirts of the city and south shore. Only issue is the road surfaces are not always pristine pavement (lots of tar strips and a few pot holes) which is not the best on a cruiser with 3/4" of suspension travel but not really a hardship on the Versys.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thanks for all the kind words...I forgot to throw out some trip info in case anyone else is planning a big trip on their V.
I ran Michelin Road Pilot 2 for tires, which were fantastic for everything. They are a "little" flatspotted after that much straightlining, but still performed great once I hit the mountains. The Corbin was a lifesaver, enabling me to do 10-14 hour days without wanting to seek a butt transplant.

Other comfort options that worked great were the Puig screen which was damn smooth with only minor turbulence when you were battling some crazy crosswinds...(thanks Prairies...:)) oversize moto footpegs,hiway pegs mounted to the engine guards,and the Powermadd handguards to help with wind and bugs. I lubed my chain with Maxima Chain Wax every night after getting off while it was still warm, and checked the oil every few hours and every morning before takeoff...not a drop used...:)

If anybody has any questions feel free to either PM me or post on here and I'll get back to you as soon as possible as I have a few more days off before heading back to work...

CHEERS!

·
Registered
612 Posts
There is a company outside Halifax that rent Versys. I can probably find their number if you need it. Living in Halifax, there are some great coastal rides on the outskirts of the city and south shore. Only issue is the road surfaces are not always pristine pavement (lots of tar strips and a few pot holes) which is not the best on a cruiser with 3/4" of suspension travel but not really a hardship on the Versys.
Thanks for the info Sprocket
I did find the place on-line something-something Exotoc Car Rentals in St. Margaret's Bay. I couldn't believe it of all the bikes in this world thet rent either a Versys or a Vulcan 900, go figure. I thought if I was going to rent something it would be fun to try something else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts