Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:had a meeting with an unlicenced mini bus driver yesterday that resulted in me dropping my V and squashing my foot , a case of hit and run has being opened as he left the scene in a hurry befor the police arived , he was doing an illegal u turn . Vhas a broken foot peg/brake cylinder mount and some scratches on the cowel , pissed off about my bike

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
:mad:had a meeting with an unlicenced mini bus driver yesterday that resulted in me dropping my V and squashing my foot , a case of hit and run has being opened as he left the scene in a hurry befor the police arived , he was doing an illegal u turn . Vhas a broken foot peg/brake cylinder mount and some scratches on the cowel , pissed off about my bike
Glad your Ok. Get yourself some really good boots with ankle bracing.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Hopefully being pissed about the bike will take your mind off the pain in your foot.
Even though "they" may not be out to get us, we are always in their sights.
Heal & repair well

·
Registered
340 Posts
Get well soon Sir!

I know it sucks and I am glad you are mostly okay. I am sorry about your foot. Take good care of it so you can keep walking. Unlike the sweet V, you can't buy a replacement part. Gods speed on your recovery and may his saving Grace keep you from any further harm down the road.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no crash bars unfortunatly , I will get some as soon as possible , damage is minimal and could have being worst , problem in here in South Africa these taxi drivers are a law upon themselves and they do just what they want , the justice system if a mess and they will never get caught . I watch "cops" and wish we had law
enforcement like you guys

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sorry to hear, man. Glad your not too banged up. I'm getting some knee guards in the mail today for just such purposes. My knee took the brunt of a low speed fall (nobody's fault really, unnoticed gravel) a few weeks ago...still hurts. Our justice system is certainly flawed, here in the states, but like you say, it seems to be better than other places.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I ride with Knox knee guards under FirstTour and Dubinky mesh pants, and wear Sidi Adventure Rain boots consistently. Haven't had to put them to the test, but after ACL surgery on one knee, I do not want to go thru the months of rehab again!

I would love to wear light ankle moto boots, light pants, no kneeguards, blah blah...but know that the first day I tried to get away with it, some idiot or a patch of oil on a tight curve would put me to the test. ATGATT for me.

Best wishes to heal up quickly and well!

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Ouch that foot looks like it hurts like hell. Hope you heal up quick.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Ouch! Hope you heal up fast.

Makes me realize I may need better boots, you never know when you'll need them.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
What a bummer! :mad:

Get that foot checked!

Heal fast, god speed! ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:funnypost:fractured foot but at least my bike is better , replaced the brake/footpeg bracket last night and rode my V to work 50 km . foot a bit tender . now looking for the idiot that hit me .I have blue pants on today Jmason , haha . my foot is blue ,red and white and I have stars from the pain

1 - 13 of 13 Posts