Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the 2019 Versys 1000 SE and I can't seem to locate any connectors anywhere to tap into for my heated seat, etc. I have heard of people tying into the connector for heated grips but it's already in use. I can't find anything under the seat either. I just want to avoid doing directly to the battery if possible

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've got the 2019 Versys 1000 SE and I can't seem to locate any connectors anywhere to tap into for my heated seat, etc. I have heard of people tying into the connector for heated grips but it's already in use. I can't find anything under the seat either. I just want to avoid doing directly to the battery if possible
There is a bullet connector under the left side panel that you could use.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I have both left and right side covers off but I was working on it in kind of a dark area and didn't notice any obvious connectors. Once the weather gets nicer I'll roll it outside and get a better look. I mounted a power plug for my heated jacket on the left upper panel close to the gas tank and am looking for a close power source. Thanks for the info and the pics

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't seem to get the Left Upper Cowling Off tho. I have the piece with the 2 electrical connectors and the signal light off but I'm not sure how to continue with this other one. I removed 2 screws from the very top and one from the tip on the side. I have it loose from 1 rubber projection but I don't want to pull too hard as I'm not sure what's underneath holding it. The pic is of the panel I'm referring to

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
I can't seem to get the Left Upper Cowling Off tho. I have the piece with the 2 electrical connectors and the signal light off but I'm not sure how to continue with this other one. I removed 2 screws from the very top and one from the tip on the side. I have it loose from 1 rubber projection but I don't want to pull too hard as I'm not sure what's underneath holding it. The pic is of the panel I'm referring to
There is also a push pin in the very front of that panel. You will need to look underneath toward the front with a flash light to see it. Do you have the service manual?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is also a push pin in the very front of that panel. You will need to look underneath toward the front with a flash light to see it. Do you have the service manual?
I did get that push-pin and the screw in a bit farther beside it. I don't have the 2019 service manual. Are there more than 1 of the rubber push in gromets on this panel as I have the top one out and I'm just not sure what's holding the bottom section in

·
Premium Member
9,064 Posts
Owners Manual

I did get that push-pin and the screw in a bit farther beside it. I don't have the 2019 service manual. Are there more than 1 of the rubber push in gromets on this panel as I have the top one out and I'm just not sure what's holding the bottom section in
on the 2015 Versys 650 the removal of plastic is shown in the owners manual that came with the bike, I would expect the same for the V1000

1 - 8 of 8 Posts