Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was riding and I lost power to my factory accessory lights, factory gear indicator and my factory power outlet on the dash. I replaced the 5a fuse and they all came back on. Cool. But should all that be wired into the same bank? I bought the bike this way and judging by how meticulous the PO is, I would say it was done correctly, either by him or dealer. I didn’t have anything but my phone plugged into the accessory power port so I didn’t draw some crazy amperage.

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
You ran into a VERY good reason to add another fused circuit when you add into the factory set-up on Gen 3s.

5A is OK as long as you run ONLY one of the accessories.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I have a buddy that was questioning the amount of load on that 5 amp fuse. I was looking for a wattage on my LED lights and couldn't find it. It's just odd that I ran over 3000 miles with the same configuration.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I narrowed it down to my cheapo USB adapter. I plugged it back in with the bike running and acc. Lights off and it blew the fuse again. I recently bought a new one and haven’t tried it with the lights on, but the fuse is still good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts